ExcelAire out of ISP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I got a buddy looking to get back into the NY area from the West Coast and he has a fair amount of Gulfstream time - GIII and GIV. Anyone know much about ExcelAire out of Islip? Sounds like they have recently added some more managed aircraft to the fleet. I've looked at the website.

Any good/bad/ugly would be appreciated - including salary ranges (PIC and SIC newbies), QOL/schedule/average days off, mix of domestic/international flying, etc.

Thanks - PMs are welcome.

I got a friend there now who flies the legacy and does not like. Not enough days off. I believe they give you 4 off days a month but even those can change depending how busy they are.

I know that a few pilots left recently-unhappy, better jobs elsewhere, recalled to majors. 4 days off (and they call you to work them), ok pay. You will be flying ALOT. They recently sold 1 of the 2 legacies, their hawker, and a global express. They do have a nice new facility though.

I know that a few pilots left recently-unhappy, better jobs elsewhere, recalled to majors. 4 days off (and they call you to work them), ok pay. You will be flying ALOT. They recently sold 1 of the 2 legacies, their hawker, and a global express. They do have a nice new facility though.

Sold Legacy is being replaced with another, and the Global actually went tech in Ireland earlier in the year - took a very long time to get fixed after a ground collision with another aircraft there. Don't believe that's been offloaded in any event, just hadn't been around for a while.

Sold Legacy is being replaced with another, and the Global actually went tech in Ireland earlier in the year - took a very long time to get fixed after a ground collision with another aircraft there. Don't believe that's been offloaded in any event, just hadn't been around for a while.
Update - Global is gone, sold by owner.

Third EMB Legacy arrived last Sunday - more coming in the next 12 months.

That's good news for the pilots. Just curious but why so much interest in the Legacy there? How many do they have now and what do people like about them vs. alternatives? I'll admit that I have only flown on the regional version.

That's good news for the pilots. Just curious but why so much interest in the Legacy there? How many do they have now and what do people like about them vs. alternatives? I'll admit that I have only flown on the regional version.

Legacy is a great super midsize/large cabin aircraft that can be chartered at very favorable rates, comparable to Falcon 50 rates. That's a hell of a lot of aircraft (from the passengers viewpoint) for a great price. I understand they currently operate 3 aircraft.

A little birdie also tells me that ExcelAire is looking for additional Legacy pilots. PM me for further info.

Latest resources

Back