Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
How does employee parking work for regional codeshare airlines that operate into airports that are not flight crew bases for that airline or are not served by that regional airline but are served by their codeshare partner?

Hypothetically, I live in ATL and will be commuting to EWR, where I'm based. The regional I fly for does not serve ATL, but they fly a portion of their fleet in DAL colors. I park my chariot at ATL to jumpseat on DAL to EWR, who pays for the parking? Will I be able to use an employee lot?

Tailwinds...

That would depend on the airline you fly for. For instance, you may get a parking pass ONLY for your domicile (EWR) which would do you no good, you might get one for ATL not to exceed the cost of EWR, you might get one for the aiport of your choice, or you might not get one at all. This would be a company policy and not an airport policy.

Yep, that's pretty much right -- it's up to your company if they'll pay for it or reimburse for it. Most airports will let you sign up for the lot with an airport ID in any case, but a few won't do it unless it's a crew base for that company. I'd start at the airport manager's office to find out where you need to go to find out and sign up.

At my company, they'll reimburse only at your base. If you live elsewhere (even the base you moved to right before they closed it.. :mad: ), you're on your own to get parking. Fortunately, my home airport only charges $17 a month, which is a whole lot cheaper than $6 a day for the long-term lot, but I know some airports are much more.

Best bet is to ask your company; hopefully they're more considerate than mine. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to save and plan for commuting costs from ATL to wherever SkyWest or ACA assign me. Couldn't be any more different parts of the country to be based.

Tailwinds...

MARTA

g159av8tor said:
I'm trying to save and plan for commuting costs from ATL to wherever SkyWest or ACA assign me.

Take a look at MARTA's stations. I know they just raised the rates, but it's got to be cheaper than the airport.

I wish you success!

Latest resources

Back