Delta non-rev to Morocco--advice???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL000

I'm thinking about heading over to Morocco, Casablanca and Marrakech specifically. Anyone with Delta ever done this? My father wants to go also and I suppose he'd be an S3 if with me, but I don't know if that means a thing on a codeshare flight. The codeshares are with Royal Air Maroc (JFK-CMN) or Air France via CDG.

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to non-reving on codeshares. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advice on where to go and what to do will also be accepted!

It used to be that you could non-rev on Air France on a DL codeshare flight for free (well you gotta pay the taxes I guess but that's practically free). Unfortunately I think it's something like ID96 now, which still isn't a bad deal.

The problem is there's no real good way to check the loads on AF in advance (at least not as good as you can on DL flights). The most reliable method I found was to find a ticket agent at CDG that didn't look busy and see if they could help.

I don't have the stuff in front of me, but on AF I think you're the equivalent of S3B status... you're after all their non-revs but it's not that bad.

Getting back to the States will be tough too if you're going through CDG. Everybody wants to fly on DL because it's free. If you're willing to spend the cash, you could probably have an easier time if you flew AF back home. Consider flying to a not-so-crazy destination too (ie, not JFK, ATL, CVG) and then catching the next DL flight to wherever you want to end up.

Hope it works out for you! I enjoyed my experiences on AF and I'd definitely recommend flying on them. I'm sure Royal Air Maroc is of similar quality but I have no experience with them.

Latest resources

Back