• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta looks to add 25 narrowbodies by 2010 according to plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not entirely true. The 737-700 and 600 have pretty close to the same operating costs, but the -600 operating cost is a little less. They are close enough to the same though that it really makes not sense to buy the -600.

I would guess the same would apply to the 190 and 195. I can't see the 190 having operating costs significantly less than the 195. So I can't see a reason to buy the 190 instead of the 195.

However, I do think we will see a small number of 190/195s (don't know which, though it could be a mix....you never know).

Call me crazy...and not to start any rumors:::

But wouldn't buying JetBlue give Big D:

1. The room to expand that they need at JFK
2. The 25 (or so) E190's they want?

I'm sure some enterprising leasing company / new US airline would be happy to take the A320's off of DAL's hands.

Just a thought.

Call me crazy...and not to start any rumors:::

But wouldn't buying JetBlue give Big D:

1. The room to expand that they need at JFK
2. The 25 (or so) E190's they want?

I'm sure some enterprising leasing company / new US airline would be happy to take the A320's off of DAL's hands.

Just a thought.

I don't think you're that crazy. There are a lot of people wearing Blue shirts that are getting very nervous about this happening. They are rushing to put new Merger and Acquisition language into the pilot contracts, but who knows if they will be worth the paper they are printed on.

Well, we had furlough protection written into our contract, and we all know what THAT was worth.....

TWA used a 763 from TLV and CAI year round with no fuel stops and I don't think they had to leave anyone at the gate.

Sometimes it was kind of tight. I was a TWA 767 F/O for 5 years and did CAI quite a few times. First of all it was flight planned for 11:59 (wink, wink) to avoid a second relief pilot (eater). In an attempt to keep the average segment times below 12 hours we were flight planned for .82. Well, most of the time the Capt. would look at the projected landing fuel in JFK and slow it down to save fuel. Bad WX in NY sometimes meant a fuel stop in BOS or Gander. Now most the segment history was over 12 hours and the FAA started getting on us about it.

We quite often left people at the gate unless the Captain was very aggressive on the numbers (I think I see, oh, about 72 kids in the gate area.)

Ummm yeah. And it doesn't look like the MD88s are going anywhere for awhile, especially since their lease rates were shrunk by $200,000 a month each. Not bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK, I'll bite. Did BK have something to do with paying less on your leases?;)

Latest resources

Back