• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Deleting Posts

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
Why do the moderators delete posts and threads at will? I can understand deleting threads about SJS and other nonsense, but when you selectively delete posts from threads, that doesn't make sense.

Why?

chperplt

Total Time
The fact is that some posts go overboard and need to be deleted. If you post something that can get the administrator in trouble, it's going to get pulled.

We don't own or run the board and need to follow the rules. I think most of the time the Mods let us get far more carried away with ourselves than they would like. When a thread, irregardless of topic, turns into a shouting match and a bandwidth waste, it's time to get pulled.

Is there a specific post you're talking about?

ackattacker

Client 9
Total Time
hah!
I've found that several of my recent posts have mysteriously gone missing. They were all normal stuff... aviation related, and nothing controversial. They were there and responded to and then poof gone.

Maybe the board is having problems?

Hipster Loser

Registered Loser
Total Time
I can understand why the "Smiling Paul" thread was pulled, but it was sure as heck funny. Poor Paul.

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
Hipster Loser said:
I can understand why the "Smiling Paul" thread was pulled, but it was sure as heck funny. Poor Paul.

A follow up to my original post, the posts I made that have gone missing were indeed affected by the board crash.

mvedepo

Total Time
>1
I too have had that problem. Everytime I post a thread looking for information about Miami Air it mysteriously gets deleted. Have no idea why.