DAL complaint phone number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Russ

Had an elderly passenger on board today who was irate about a wheel chair issue and asked for a phone number to call and complain. Didn't have one to give her. Anyone know of a dedicated complaint number for DAL/DCI? The best I could do tell her to call the same number she used to buy her ticket. Ops was of no help in tracking one down.

Waiting for the Omni present GL to inform me that nothing is ever wrong at DAL and by extension no complaint line is required.

Russ said:
Had an elderly passenger on board today who was irate about a wheel chair issue and asked for a phone number to call and complain. Didn't have one to give her. Anyone know of a dedicated complaint number for DAL/DCI? The best I could do tell her to call the same number she used to buy her ticket. Ops was of no help in tracking one down.

Waiting for the Omni present GL to inform me that nothing is ever wrong at DAL and by extension no complaint line is required.

DAL Complaint Department: 1-800-KISS-OFF

Russ said:
Had an elderly passenger on board today who was irate about a wheel chair issue and asked for a phone number to call and complain.

You are smart to try to find her a phone number - we do NOT want her calling the DOT. It is well worth the effort to do anything necessary to pacify these people.

BUT ( in my best Neal Boortz voice ) IMHO she has no right to complain, I know the airline is required to transport these folks, but it is not fair on any level that some people expect medical transport service for a $69 ticket. And of course there is the other question about what you do when someone blocks an exit during an emergency evac. Regional Airline operations in particular are not set up for this type of operation and at some point reason has to step in. ( Is it fair to charge everyone $1,500 a ticket to put elevators in airpanes? )

In many cases I have seen the crippled miraculously healed when learning they have to wait 7 minutes for a wheelchair they decide to walk their tubby butts to the Burger King rather than wait for the cart.

When my Mom flies with her wheelchair we send her with a family member ( usually me ) who can help. Again IMHO, airlines should not be flying unaccompanied minors and invalids - it is unsafe for everyone involved. I shudder to think of Mom flying without someone to accompany her.

Delta has been repeatedly fined by the government due to the allegedly poor service given to the allegedly disabled. But, Delta's contractors have really improved. The only time service gets bad is during certain holidays when kids who are too busy to take care of their parents put them on the cheapest ticket they can find during a holiday weekend.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
IMHO she has no right to complain, I know the airline is required to transport these folks, but it is not fair on any level that some people expect medical transport service for a $69 ticket. And of course there is the other question about what you do when someone blocks an exit during an emergency evac.

In many cases I have seen the crippled miraculously healed when they have to wait 7 minutes for a wheelchair and decide to walk their tubby butts to the Burger King rather than wait for the cart.

LOL!! :)

Kind of like the "Tubby Buggies" at Sam's Club. Always fat asses in them, not elderly or disabled people. It's funny to see them spring to life at the chance of a free chicken nugget or quesadilla.

Jack Mahogoff said:
LOL!! :)

Kind of like the "Tubby Buggies" at Sam's Club. Always fat asses in them, not elderly or disabled people. It's funny to see them spring to life at the chance of a free chicken nugget or quesadilla.

EXACTLY!

There are some genuinely disabled and then there are lard'os' living off their disability and after seeing what they park in the handicapped spot, disability don't pay too bad. Sure beats FO wages.

Jack Mahogoff said:

I am still laughing about this one. It's only a matter of time before the obese are a protected class.

have her call 1 800 464-7394 (go greyhound)

What about 1-800- EAT-$HIT
We only have to accomodate one at a time. If there is more than one individual that needs a wheel chair, they have to wait.

Latest resources

Back