Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

For you guys who currently fly or formerly flew (with ACA/Indy) the DoJet:

Just saw on the news that a part 135 Dornier Jet aborted its takeoff this morning at Manassas (HEF) in Virginia, skidded through a fence at the end of the runway and stopped on a road (landing gear looked crushed). Evidently 8 people on board total with two sent to the hospital with minor injuries (according to the news). The report also stated that both runways at HEF were shut down (big surprise). I believe this took place at around 7AM EDT today.

I believe it is used as a corporate shuttle during the week for Time Warner and used for sports events on the weekend.

Anyone with more info? Any Colgan guys/gals see this at HEF?

Story I heard is that the Captain's side airspeed indicator never got over 50 knots, and he aborted the takeoff, yet he was over halfway down the runway. Obivously didn't work out so well. Wonder what the FO was doing...airspeed alive...80kt/crosscheck...etc? Got some pictures...I'll post one later.

EB

It's unconfirmed, but I over heard some con-agra seed salesmen at the Farm and Fleet say that they had snakes on a plane.

El Bucho said:
Story I heard is that the Captain's side airspeed indicator never got over 50 knots, and he aborted the takeoff, yet he was over halfway down the runway. Obivously didn't work out so well. Wonder what the FO was doing...airspeed alive...80kt/crosscheck...etc? Got some pictures...I'll post one later.

EB

Ditto...Heard the same thing about the airspeed indicators never really coming alive. I tried to use the perimeter road around HEF after work today, but it was closed. I looked down the road to see as to why, and I saw the DoJet facing the approach ends of Rwy 16L/16R, but it skidded off of 34R, I believe. A cop there said a crane had moved it from where the plane came to rest.

Don't have all the facts, but if it was indeed a "simple" airspeed indication problem, odd how it ended up off a 5,700 ft. strip in day VFR. Maybe there's more to the story....Time will tell. Glad everyone walked away.

Snaab

johnsonrod said:
I still haven't seen any written stories (CNN) about it - only a quick story on TV...

Well unfortuantely they probably deemed this un-newsworthy because of no fatalities. If it bleeds it leads.

Latest resources

Back