Couple of questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Russ

Looking for good one or two sentence interview answer to define unbalanced field length. Please, no answers that balanced and balanced don't equal each other.
Also looking at some of the common W&B questions any of you came across at your interviews. Uncommon ones also.

It is amazing how much you forget after you get your first job and have to start studying again for the second.

You fly jets and you don't know balanced field length? Neeyah puhleeze?

Next thing you know, justin timeberlake is going to be showing your boobies. Really.

The value of V1 is critical for a few reasons, if V1 is too high continuing the takeoff following an engine failure at a high V1 would be relatively easy because little acceleration would be needed to reach Vr. But an "abort" following an engine failure at such a high V1 would be next to impossible without running out of runway hence "unbalanced".

At a low V1 you would have plenty of room to abort but the takeoff profile could not be completed within the confines of the runway. The aircraft in this case must accelerate through a greater speed range while handicapped with a significant power loss.

Why is it important to reach 35 feet (and V2) by the end of the runway following an engine failure at V1.? You are conforming to the minimum required climb profile with the one engine caged is only guaranteeing you 35 feet of protection above obstacles along the "extended runway centerline" until reaching 1500 above runway elevation

W&B questions that I was asked> different weight shifts and effects, aft CG, forward CG, etc, what stalling characteristics can one expect, blah blah blah,

good luck

3 5 0

Yeah, what HE said.

Good way to put it there, 350.

Nicely put, 350DRIVER. That's got to be one of the clearest explanations I've heard.

Congrats on getting aboard Cactus! :cool:

I think the red carpet has been laid out so I will patiently await the avbug explanation/post. :D

drum roll is also heard in the background......

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back