Corporate Jet Sales/ Airplane Broker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

antney

Wondering if anyone knows any information on this type of work? I am assuming this is a typical sales job, but looking for quality and longetivity of this career and possible earnings per year. Any information would be great, thanks!

Wondering if anyone knows any information on this type of work? I am assuming this is a typical sales job, but looking for quality and longetivity of this career and possible earnings per year. Any information would be great, thanks!

What do you want to know? Your question is a bit like...I want to be a pilot...is it a good job? the answer is depends.....there are many different types. same for the sales side of the business.

I would suggest that I am currently in the nec plus ultra part of the business, corporate aviation area, running a company marketing various jets of all types. You could also try fractional sales (tough and more like broom selling), then there's charter broker.......also tought, but can be challenging in the right operation, or airliner sales (if you are good at finance).

The key is to have a good contact base, and access to High Net Worth clients. If you build the contact base, work hard and make sales, then sure it can be a long term gig and generate some serious money. But at the top end (the heavy iron) the $ are proportionally higher, the competiotn stronger, and the time allowed to not make sales a lot less before you're out.

If you have International skills, so much the better, languages are also plus....right now Russian or Arabic will open a lot of doors....and they are the ones paying the big $$ for aircraft. If you speak Russian drop me a PM. We need to talk.

Good luck? How old are you, what aviation experience? Pilot is a good start point to try to enter this industry...but only a start point. you need to get some solid finance and business expereince, contract law expereince would also help, as would tax and International regulatatory experience (registering and exporting aircraft). Best advice, is work with an expereinced pro for 5 years before trying to go it alone.

Finally, the key item is integrity. there are a LOT of fish in this sea that seem to forget that as deals come to closure...and they push to make the quick buck.......they don't last long. Value your clients, and build a reputation for integrity. then you ill last a while.

Value your clients, and build a reputation for integrity. then you ill last a while.

So many forget this point.

It's a small industry. If you hose somebody to make a quick buck, that one sale can come back to haunt you and may cost you several more. Word of mouth and the quality of the product you represent -- these are very important.

Like real estate, it's a "list or die" industry. Many pilots who want a plane think they know enough and don't hire people to go find a plane for them. In the corp jet/tp world, some go for the dealers to help, other put everything on their chief pilot. The internet has changed this process, too.

If you go out on your own, don't forget about liability coverage and get a good lawyer who is familiar with the industry to draw up your contracts, too.

It can be very fun and rewarding. It can be slow and frustrating, too.

Latest resources

Back