Continental O-300D Engine/Prop/Misc Parts For Sale

Crizz

Big Member
Total Time
Almost
I have a Continental 6 cylinder O-300D engine off a '65 Cessna 172 for sale. The engine needs an overhaul, but was running with good compression when it was removed from the aircraft. I purchased an entire salvage aircraft and took the very low time motor from it and put it on my 172 before selling it to help with re-sale, and now have the old engine. This engine is also commonly used on the RV series of aircraft as well as some Maules. Specs are as follows.

145 HP
6 Cyl
Bendix Mags/Harness
Brand new plugs (>50 hours on them)
Starter
Generator
Carbeurator/Airbox
Bracket Air filter mod

Approx 1650 SMOH and 3500 TTSN

I have had the crankshaft dial checked and it was perfect. I ran this engine over 900 hours tach time in the last 3 years. It runs very well, but as I said earlier I would recommend a major overhaul and am selling the engine as a core.

A "running" O-300D sells for $6000-$13000 depending on hours. Wentworth aircraft sells a core with no accessories for $3900.

My ask is $4000 with all acessories. Shipping is negotiable. The engine is just south of Minneapolis, MN and I do have the ability to crate and ship it.

I also have the propeller from this engine that is yellow tagged with 0 TSOH. I dont recall the model number of the prop, but it is a 6 bolt style that mates to the O-300D model. The O-300A model has a larger 8 bolt propeller and will not accept this model.

Wentworth charges $1200 for a yellow tagged propeller. My ask is $1150

I have many other miscelanious parts including:

-Engine mount

-Left and right wings (right wing in good condition, left wing is probably unrepairable) Both with fuel cells and all acessories

-Wheel, Tire, and Brake assemblies as well as master cylinders

-All in one ILS/VOR indicator (Narco) - This sold on Ebay for $750 but the buyer never paid.

-Elevator and Horizontal Stabilizer (undamaged good shape)

-Misc interior hardware - just ask and I'll check

Theres more stuff, but I cant recall all of it.

Feel free to E-Mail/PM or call me with questions.

Eric Criswell
eric@getepe.com
612-251-3521

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Total Time
45yrs
I wonder if I could bolt the engine mount and engine on my c-175 and turn it into the 172 it really is?

Crizz

Big Member
Total Time
Almost
Im not sure about bolting the engine on a 175

Wheels, tires, brakes - $650 complete