• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Continental O-300D Engine/Prop/Misc Parts For Sale

Crizz

Big Member
Total Time
Almost
I have a Continental 6 cylinder O-300D engine off a '65 Cessna 172 for sale. The engine needs an overhaul, but was running with good compression when it was removed from the aircraft. I purchased an entire salvage aircraft and took the very low time motor from it and put it on my 172 before selling it to help with re-sale, and now have the old engine. This engine is also commonly used on the RV series of aircraft as well as some Maules. Specs are as follows.

145 HP
6 Cyl
Bendix Mags/Harness
Brand new plugs (>50 hours on them)
Starter
Generator
Carbeurator/Airbox
Bracket Air filter mod

Approx 1650 SMOH and 3500 TTSN

I have had the crankshaft dial checked and it was perfect. I ran this engine over 900 hours tach time in the last 3 years. It runs very well, but as I said earlier I would recommend a major overhaul and am selling the engine as a core.

A "running" O-300D sells for $6000-$13000 depending on hours. Wentworth aircraft sells a core with no accessories for $3900.

My ask is $4000 with all acessories. Shipping is negotiable. The engine is just south of Minneapolis, MN and I do have the ability to crate and ship it.

I also have the propeller from this engine that is yellow tagged with 0 TSOH. I dont recall the model number of the prop, but it is a 6 bolt style that mates to the O-300D model. The O-300A model has a larger 8 bolt propeller and will not accept this model.

Wentworth charges $1200 for a yellow tagged propeller. My ask is $1150

I have many other miscelanious parts including:

-Engine mount

-Left and right wings (right wing in good condition, left wing is probably unrepairable) Both with fuel cells and all acessories

-Wheel, Tire, and Brake assemblies as well as master cylinders

-All in one ILS/VOR indicator (Narco) - This sold on Ebay for $750 but the buyer never paid.

-Elevator and Horizontal Stabilizer (undamaged good shape)

-Misc interior hardware - just ask and I'll check

Theres more stuff, but I cant recall all of it.

Feel free to E-Mail/PM or call me with questions.

Eric Criswell
eric@getepe.com
612-251-3521

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Total Time
45yrs
I wonder if I could bolt the engine mount and engine on my c-175 and turn it into the 172 it really is?

RoyBoy

Total Time
45yrs
How much for the wheel assy's?

Crizz

Big Member
Total Time
Almost
Im not sure about bolting the engine on a 175

Wheels, tires, brakes - $650 complete