Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Foot

So I got the JFK as a base, so commuting is what is going to have to happen. My wife and I are looking to move closer to JFK to a city that is commutable. We live in PHX now. Should I depend on the CASS or CASS and pass travel While choosing. Just wondering if I could depend on CASS to get me to JFK. Currently we are thinking about ATL or RDU (Raleigh).

Depends who you are flying for. Maybe move to where YOUR airline, not your codeshare flies so you have priority.

I am with Comair. So in ATL I will have tons of Delta but everyone and their mother on standby. Out in North Carolina less Delta but tons of Jet Blue and US Air. With less Delta can I depend on the other carriers to get me there. We do have a commuter clause but don't want to take advantage of it. This whole GSO closing messed stuff up for me.

CASS is a great tool to help you get to where you need to be. However when commuting you can never depend on anything being a sure thing.

It's whether you want or two legs to commute. It sounds like the only "good" commute to JFK is out of MCO.
I live in CVG, but based in JFK myself. Commuting there is no problem. Commuting back to CVG is pure hell.

But it sounds like most of the MCO guys are headint o JFK as it is, so you might get lucky and get CVG fairly soon.

don't rely on us airways to get out there! even the red eyes are overbooked every day!!!!!

Latest resources

Back