Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tri-holer

Unregistered Ruser
What's up? Haven't heard anything lately or seen any notes from people getting to classes. Interviewed in late May and figure I have awhile but am curious about the lack of information.

Can anybody at the company give us poolies some warm fuzzies?

Hey Ken,
I'll bug the folks at SFB when I get back down there. Family illness has me in STL again for a while :( Had to give up 3 multi students.

Comair??

Any late breaking news on new hire class dates for October before we go into another weekend(black out). Pos rate, any luck????
:confused:

This is not solid news. I was down in Cincitucky the other day and stopped by the office to see if I could find out anything. You guessed it - they wouldn't even talk to me. The receptionist, a really nice woman, tried to get several people to talk and wasn't able to. She did say "Joey says they don't have anything worked out yet. They are looking at a couple of classes in October."

I talked with a friend today and he said that in talking to the Comair Acadamy people, they have found that it tends to be about six months from the time you go into the pool until you finally get out - all waterlogged.

So - no news and nothing reliable. Just more speculation and rumor.

Wouldn't it be great if HR would post an e-mail to those in the pool and let them know what their rough status is? It couldn't be that hard. Alas, them's with the gold make the rules and Comair HR has the gold.

No news out of Sanford. Talked to a fellow in pilot recruitment and he said they get the word about 3 weeks in advance and he hasn't heard anything yet. I know the next in line from the academy, and as soon as he gets a letter, I'll at least know when the next class will convene...and I'll post that here as soon as I find out.

...patience....and credit cards!

Everyone Relax!

I spoke to Sharon today. I hardly ever call her. The first thing she said is that we'll be contacting you 2-3 weeks before a class date. I tried to come across very nice and casual with her. After a minute or so we started talking about the industry in general and then I casually asked her if she was to guess, when would she expect that I would be called for a class (june 18th interview).
She thought it wouldn't be any later than Jan 03. They are looking at 2 classes in Oct. The strike slowed some deliveries down and they are completing the MCO transition. She also stated that they are continuing to interview. In fact she said that they will be interviewing 60 per month Indefinetely. Nothing has changed.

Still 36 planes next year, 350-400 pilots in 03.

Everyone hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our time will come

Flash your da man, I have no idea how you got her on the phone, i've made at least 50 calls since march and have never gotten her. Good news that she is still willing to talk about the subject i figured she was sick of us all!

Poolies,

Thanks for spreading the word. If only HR would post tentative information about upcoming classes it would make the tredding seem less painful.

"For 23 years I fought not to be a number, now I is one!!!" :cool:

Latest resources

Back