Comair @ DCA Job Fair??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jhwflyer

Does anyone know if Comair is going to be at the Air Inc. job fair in D.C.? If so, are they going to be interviewing? What about ACA?

Comair and ACA are supposed to be there at DCA. I don't know if they'll be interviewing at the site but I'm sure they'll be trying to schedule qualified applicants for future interviews.

Being a low time pilot myself (1000+, 750ME), do you think it's even worth the time/money to go up there?? I'm trying to figure that out now. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery would be appreciated.

Last edited:
KSWHITE,

Not to try and discourage you, but the present situation in this indusrty is much differant then it was a year and half ago. There are several furloughed 121 applicants out there competing against you for the same job. I have 2300 TT prior 135 and 100 turbine pic and cannot get a call for an interview right now. Most of the regionals are interviewing applicants with around 3000 tt and prior 121.
At this point in your career, I would probably save your money, build some more time and plan on attending one in the upcoming year. You may have a good shot at Great Lakes with your time..Great place to build quality flight time. Keep on keepin on.

Give it a shot

Comair/ASA are not looking for furloughed guys. While 121 experience and lots of hours couldn't hurt, we are looking for guys that are excited to work here, not some guy marking time. Furloughed guys are understandably bitter and do not make good new hires. There are many guys in the pool with the same hours as yours, give it a shot.

Re: Give it a shot

9rj9 said:
Comair/ASA are not looking for furloughed guys. While 121 experience and lots of hours couldn't hurt, we are looking for guys that are excited to work here, not some guy marking time. Furloughed guys are understandably bitter and do not make good new hires. There are many guys in the pool with the same hours as yours, give it a shot.

Are you in pilot recruitment at one of these carriers? That's a pretty strong statement you have there.

I'm currently flying 1900's in the northeast. I have around 1700 and 650 multi, with over 450 being turbine sic in a 121 environment. I'm not looking to build time, I'm just looking for a regional that would make an excellent career and I'd would love to fly for Comair.

Re: Give it a shot

9rj9 said:
Comair/ASA are not looking for furloughed guys. While 121 experience and lots of hours couldn't hurt, we are looking for guys that are excited to work here, not some guy marking time. Furloughed guys are understandably bitter and do not make good new hires.

I'm not sure where you got that idea. I know we've hired, and continue to interview furloughed major airline pilots.

I'm not in recruiting, but I am in the training department, and I have had occasion to speak to many of the furloughed pilots we've either interviewed or hired lately. They've all had excellent attitudes. Every single one of them is excited to be here. The most common seniment amongst them has been "I didn't get into this business for the money. I'm glad to be here."

There are some good insights into why these people DO in fact make excellent new hires on the "Unrealistic expectations" thread.

The "understandably bitter" ones simply aren't applying here.

Latest resources

Back