Comair Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reserve

This whole reserve thing is bugging me!!

REALIZE THIS:

If Comair doesn't hire a newhire for 25 years, guess what the junior guys will be on reserve for guess how long??

YOU GOT IT RIGHT: 25 years!

That is a magical formula huh??

If you got hired and started class June 24, and there are 300 people below you by the end of the year you're probably only on reserve for a couple months at the most.

What matters for reserve is how many people are being hired, because EVERY AIRLINE keeps the junior FOs and Captains as reserve to cover for sick people, vacations, Leave of absence, weather, etc.

EVERY SINGLE AIRLINE has to have the junior people do this, and because Comair has tons of hiring plans in the near future and guess what a lot of airlines don't, then Comair's RESERVE TIMES WILL BE A LOT LESS than those NOT HIRING in the future.

Thank you,
Jet

Last edited:
Reserve for FO's is running about 3-6 months at Comair. I finished IOE at the end of November and I could of held a line this month. The lineholders went as junior as 80 or so numbers below me. There are new FO's holding a regular line this month that finished IOE in Feb and Mar. Reserve isn't a bad deal unless you commute and then it sucks. Besides, being on permanent reserve and employed is a whole lot better than the alternative.

Reserve

Cavemen hit it right on the nail........There are many people wishing they were at least on reserve with a job.....Everyone has to pay their dues....and reserve is part of that.....of course, the shorter the better......but look at the facts, your flying for Comair, a company you don't hear too many complaints about, and one that many people would love to fly for........

i would submit to you that there is more to how long reserve is besides the number of people that are hired. e.g., retirements, acft deliveries, attrition, etc. regardless, it's a dead issue.

reserve has been covered ad nauseum on this board. try doing a search for anything "comair"

guam, looking at late august based on my seniority...

see you on the couch!

Anaconda, Guam, et al....

So is the company planning on mixing in new hires with the E120 guys or are they separate deals?

Has anyone who currently flies the line or is associated heard anything about class schedules for new hires beyond June 17th, and 24th?

Not trying to be a pest here, but I've been furloughed from another airline for 9 months now and am getting sick of sitting around. Reserve?? Sign me up. Beats living with the parents.

Schedule for guys startinig the 24th

I talked with Amy at length yesterday.....Indoc, including CRM from the 24th of June thru the 8th of July (4th and 5th off...and no weekend classes during ground school).....start systems on the 9th of July and finish ground school on the 6th of Aug....Sim schedule which follows ground school will be bid on in the group depending on seniority.....when we start systems...which I expect to be CBT...our class has the evening schedule until the class that starts the 17th is done with CBT. (I make the assumption that Comair is using the same Bombardier CBT systems training....Also....wives day is the 2nd of July.....tour, etc. If this is like the CBT I had at Midway from Bomdardier...then it is really self paced.....plenty of time to get all the modules done....I was new to the RJ and still finished a few days early......

I'll be down there for the 24th class..........

I talked to Kathy last week and she said something about 2 more classes in July. Has anyone been called for one of these or heard this rumor?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back