Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumby_dog

Hi everyone..
Let me know if I'm right at all please. I do know that Shuttle America has slowed down a lot, lost a couple of cities they thought they were going to get, and have postponed (with no date in sight) their class date.
I also know that Colgan is growing, getting some more SAABs and is hiring quite agressively. (at Air Inc they interviewed some people on the spot!).
Could it be that Colgan is getting some of Shuttle America's business? Is this the beginning of the end of Shuttle America? Anyone have any input.
Please, I have heard all the comments badmouthing both of these companies, lets not have a repeat of that).
Thanks for all your professional input.

Cheers

You are right about Shuttle, but there is more to the story. We were bidding on the e.a.s. cities of Altoona and Johnstown but did not get the contract. We are servicing these cities for Oct and Nov which is what might have been left on the old Chq contract, after that I think Colgan takes them, good riddance, I will not miss the 20 minute legs. Loads are surprisingly good though, definitely need a 30 plus seat airplane for most of the flights.
I believe in Nov. Shuttle picks up Lansing, Columbus and Charlestown WV. The company is trying to cut costs to the bone so there will be no pilot hiring for awhile, have to do with what we have for now.

Latest resources

Back