Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COLGAN no union talk either way post (like it used to be)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GEORGE DUBYA

Who likes it when as soon as you enter icing conditions and start flicking on switches the master caution comes on with intake and timer lights? I love that. I want to hold a contest. I want to find the plane out there with the most deicing boot patches on it. Has anyone ever seen a plane without one? I haven't. I counted 11 yesterday. It really is an effective airplane flying through ice. What is the most airspeed you have lost? I lost 30 knots the other day it was fun. I love when the props vibrate (really it is shake violently) when we have max prop ice selected. That is fun. I love when everytime we are on approach and select flaps 15 we get an elevator flag. What a fancy airplane. I love how the fo and capts heading always agree and how the Fo's side doesn't have dme half the time. Oh and the nosewheel steering on the plane how great is this device? ALways works so great as we jerk down the taxiway. Hey look at me I am cool I am going to go out on one engine and start the other one on the roll even though I am not supposed to and lose steering. Who has seen this done? Yeah showing off to the FO is great. Does anyone out there actually wait until the generator is 200amps or less to start the other engine? I haven't met anyone. How about the 2 minute cool down period after you feather the engine lol. When is the Q400 getting here!

i love when you get on the airplane and it smells like a locker room. That is the best. totally controllable, completely ignored.

Hey look at me I am cool I am going to go out on one engine and start the other one on the roll even though I am not supposed to and lose steering. Who has seen this

No you idiot. Your cool when you know which planes you can do that in.

I for one thinks it's pretty slick when the CA knows it's "one of those planes" and starts #1 on the go. Those are fun guys to fly with, not the ones who sit there, holding up the 9 inbound planes at ZA in LGA, while waiting the eternity for 200 amps to show up on the GEN.

20 bucks to the first person who PMs me the list of the Saabs with the "special" equipment. Anyone? Anyone?

Keep this thead going!

Your even cooler when you can "test" if it can do that while starting #2 after pushback, without moving! DEEE DOW!

I for one thinks it's pretty slick when the CA knows it's "one of those planes" and starts #1 on the go. Those are fun guys to fly with, not the ones who sit there, holding up the 9 inbound planes at ZA in LGA, while waiting the eternity for 200 amps to show up on the GEN.

20 bucks to the first person who PMs me the list of the Saabs with the "special" equipment. Anyone? Anyone?

Keep this thead going!

Latest resources

Back