Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SmellsLikeAvGas

Hi everyone:
Just wondering if anyone has taken a CG or Navy flight physical in recent years?
Got in to OCS, and I"m psyched, but since I'm not prior service, I'm told that they can't do a flight physical until I get there. Does anyone know what the requirements are? Last time I had my vision tested was at the OCS physical. I was tested as 20/20, but sometimes the depth perception tests are tough.. some of them I"m fine at (like on my FAA medical..) and some are more difficult. I am ordering the Magic Eye book someone suggested on a previous medical post, to try to "train" my eyes to focus in properly, b/c I think my problem is more of HOW I'm looking at the circles, rather than an inability to focus (but you never know, especially with spending time on computers all day..) But I'm wondering what other requirements may be more stringent than they were on the general OCS medical; i.e. the scoliosis test, hearing, etc.? Is there a list of medical requirements somewhere that I could refer to, so that I could at least find a dr. myself and make sure everything is kosher? Last thing I want is to get to OCS, and then be surprised and disqualed b/c one toe is too long or something else that I was previously unaware of. If anyone has some info on the overall requirements for the CG (which I think is the same as the Navy) flight physical, that would be great. Thanks so much!

Of course, as soon as I post my previous question, I find the pilot requirements for the Navy on the NOMI website....
But if anyone has any suggestions or experiences to share from their flight physical, I'm all ears.. thanks!

I thought the Navy would fly you down to Pensacola, give you a flight physical, take you for a quick flight. To make sure you are physically qualified and this what you want to do. My friend got NAMI Whammied in 2001, and spent 2-3 weeks to be processed out of OCS. Best to ask to see if you can go down in advance. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back