Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Guys, I need a good contract rate for a CE-501 PIC in the south. I was thinking about $500 bucks a day, but I really have no idea what the average is. Help!

Thanks!

I live in the south and get $400 in the 500 series, I don't think $500 is unreasonable.

$500 a day / plus all expenses sounds very reasonable.

One guy I know charges $450 a day + exp, and another one charges $550 a day + exp. So yours sounds right on.

I'm bringing this back up as a friend of mine is looking to do some contract work in a 501. Is the going rate still $450-$550 per day, or has it gone up in the past two years?

I get $450 + Expenses in a 501 for PIC responsibilities in the south. $350 for SIC, yes I know the 501 is a single pilot airplane. Also, the contractors around here usually require an SIC in the 501 if it's a NE or West Coast trip. $500 wouldn't be unreasonable...CE-500 types are now in the $15k ballpark at the bigger schools. It's worth the money to the operator to pay the higher contractor rates.

I agree with the above. I'm in the North Texas area and PIC rates are around $500+. When I fly with a contract SIC we pay $350.

Latest resources

Back