Christmas Travellers let down, and I feel Baddd

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Contract

I dont know how to really say this but as a pilot who is suppose to get people to where they want to be for Christmas I feel ashamed. It truly hurts me to sit here now in front of this computer as my family sleeps after celebrating Christmas without me to think of the families this past weekend that I somehow feel personally responsible for stranding. I know its not anything that I personally did but at the same time I still feel responsible. God, Please help me to get over this. It was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had to deal with. Merry Christmas to all....

Running out of duty time when your looking at a full boat of individuals that want you to fly them home for Christmas is sorrowing to say the least. I hope this never happens again to me in my career. On the flip side I guess I did get alot of people where they wanted to be. Its the ones you didnt get there that tear at the seoul.

I had it happen during the winter debacle of 2004. The worst part is that it was a full boat to SGF as the previous flight from MEM canceled. It was an awful situation to say the least.

FO

I can relate to the awful feeling, but remember to place the blame properly into the hands of mother nature and the cost cutting measures that left your company understaffed and overworked, thereby causing this delay.

... to think of the families this past weekend that I somehow feel personally responsible for stranding. I know its not anything that I personally did but at the same time I still feel responsible. God, Please help me to get over this. It was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had to deal with.

I'm strangely happy for you Contract. If this was "one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had to deal with", then you are a blessed individual.

This would rank right up there with "pressing too hard on the pencil and breaking the lead" on my list of life's bummers! :D

YMMV.

BBB

Why would you feel personally responsible for something out of your control? Do you think the FAA or the company would feel "personally responsible" if you broke the rules even slightly to help out the pax?

Sorry, AK, but you're full of BS on that one. I do my best to get my passengers safely to their destination on time. When my duty time limit or any other legality limit is reached, I go to the hotel. I do not spend any time feeling personally responsible because the company tried to schedule me so close to the limit. And I definitely do not feel any guilt for refusing to violate FAR duty time regs.

God, Please help me to get over this. It was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had to deal with.

Find your inner strengh. People are so damn f*cking weak that they have to turn to a fictitious character who does not exist. Get it together dude.

Latest resources

Back