Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another thread on this.....
Heres the article:

Chantilly, Va. (AP) - A scary night for some passengers at Dulles airport (website - news) after a plane had to make an emergency landing there Wednesday.

A United spokeswoman says United Express flight 7512 landed just after 8:30 p.m. while its landing gear on the nose of the plane was still up.

The flight was headed to Dulles from Houston, Texas.

Fifty-six passengers and four crew members were on board at the time, and the passengers were evacuated while on the runway.

Washington Airports Authority spokeswoman Tara Hamilton says three people are being taken to local hospitals, but she did not know the nature of their injuries.

sstearns2 said:
There are plenty of people in the US going hungry every day.

Its their own fault. I'm talking about a country like brazil who thinks its all that when the majority of the people can't feed themselves.

KingAirer said:
Looks like the competition ran one off the end of the runways, so Shuttle Should be ok....

MOSINEE, Wis. A United Express flight ran off the runway at an airport in Mosinee (moh-zih-NAY'), Wisconsin, today.
The manager of Central Wisconsin Airport says none of the 44 passengers or three crew members was hurt.
The C-R-J 200 regional plane was flying in from Chicago.
Officials don't know why they plane overran the runway, coming to a stop in mud.
Mosinee is near Wausau in central Wisconsin.

What airline was this? -Bean

"CHQ needs more captains like me, cause I'm not afraid to die."

mckpickle said:
Do you suppose the crews first phone call was to the union duty officer to impliment the CIRP (Critical Incident Response Program)?

Well played...

I know Dulles I used to fly there at Independence. I had a captain try to land with the gear up but I took over the plane and saved the day.

Latest resources

Back