• Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJs Cantina

Direct MMPE
EMB 135 FLL/MCO Chautauqua Domicile closure

EMB 135 CVG/ATL Chautauqua Domicile additions

To: All Pilots
Date: February 3rd, 2006
Subject: EMB 135 Domicile closures/additions

Bid closes 1700 hours on February 15, 2006.

This bid is for Chautauqua EMB 135 positions in CVG and ATL. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for CVG or ATL EM5 RP CA or FO.

We are not expecting any EMB 135 backfill positions. Please bid accordingly.

The effective date of this bid is April 1, 2006.

The effective date of the closures is March 31, 2006.

The company does not expect to waive the 24 month seat lock. Please do not bid this position if you are unable or unwilling to accept an award! If you are unsure what your standing bid is, please either resubmit a new one or contact crew planning to check it.

The company is aware not all crewmembers from the affected bases (MCO/FLL) will be allocated into the new domiciles. Voluntary leave of absences are still being accepted and encouraged.

CVG EMB 135 Chautauqua

The company is posting 22 Captain EMB 135 and 22 First Officer EMB 135 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested please update your standing bid.

ATL EMB 135 Chautauqua

The company is posting 54 Captain EMB 135 and 54 First Officer EMB 135 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested please update your standing bid.

Please fax all bids to 317-227-2097 or you can submit a new standing bid on line. Go to the flight section and you will see electronic standing bid form listed. Fill it out and hit send. You will receive a confirmation back to your email. Please keep your receipt!

Oh man, just saw it on the website. I guess we know what the meeting was all about now...

This doesn't sound like good news for either side....

Where to start ripping this apart????

1. Funny it is dated the 3rd and posted on FlightInfo before it is on the company website.
2. Why would there be no backfilling of any upgraded positions?
3. If I go to the electronic base bid sheet, neither CVG or ATL are listed.

Why would someone post this? As if the people at COMAIR do not have enough to worry about. If this is actually posted tomorrow on the company website, I will retract this statement. But right now, I think it is cruel.

Interesting. Could this possibly be the flightinfo equivalent of a prank call? I know: It's BB and Fred (or tools thereof) trying to keep us at each other's throats so we can continue to do their work for them.

Last edited:
I second that notion....FLAMEBAIT more than likely, but I'll still retain my earlier post regardless.

Looks like someone got "creative" (if that's the word for it) with the LGA/STL additions which is on the company site.

You say "creative" I say has too much free time on their hands. Perhaps they should pick up some open time if thats the case.

It was posted only for a brief while, shortly before 10 PM EST, about 5 minutes after seeing it, it was removed. I'm guessing crew planning put it up as a mistake, as it was dated for feb. 3. I would expect it to be up first thing in the morning. Appears to be yet another standard CHQ mishap.

Latest resources

Back