• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

check airman yes or no?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would highly recommend it. Not because you can power trip guys, but because you can help guys learn and do a thorough job of it. You'll also have an easier time down the road with training cycles; I am sure that having taught procedures and explained systems to people helped me pick it up quicker when I was a student again.

There will be days that you think it's not worth the money- it isn't. But walking through the terminal and hvaing some guy you trained months ago come up and thank you again for everything is a pretty good feeling.

Obviously don't be a management lackey but it sounds like you are intelligent enough to make good choices.

Should I put on hold my job hunt for this opportunity or get the jet,glass time?

Become a check airman and then leave for Omni, Gemini, etc, while you wait for UPS or Fedex call…

"Check Airman" quite often equals " Management D-ck Eater".
YKW
Well, I would disagree with that, but I'm biased.
There are no downsides to it:
1) It looks good on a resume.
2) Just like being a CFI, the best way to REALLY learn something is to teach it.
3) As an OLD greybeard from the round-engine 'fifties told me, " A check ride will never again hold any mystery for you, you'll know what's coming up next".
Do it.

Check Airman is the gold seal of your resume. Get the letter, do a good job for your boss, build PIC, and look for the next job. Don't jump too soon. In the next years competitive mins are going to drop at ever place that is hiring. The shortage is hitting everyone. We have had pilots who were checkairman without degrees get hired at the majors.

Stick with whatever you can do so that you are in a position to finish that degree. So many have left for that "Golden Opportunity" flying job to build jet time at a regional and never find the time to finish the degree...and you are so close. And, you're getting turbine PIC time now.

you can get the degree any time, keep working on it. You only need it to interview with the top 10 airlines hiring. Get the check airman, that is something that you can not get a college. It marks you as some one who is a cut average the average college grad pilot.

Heyas,

I agree with the others. A Check Airman letter is a great thing for your resume. It shows that you can take responsibility and act professionally AND that you can interact with the FAA without sticking your foot up your butt.

Like others have said, the letter gets put in your OKC file, and you get a copy.

It's a heck of a deal all around...

Nu

Latest resources

Back