censorship

Green Banana

Request Direct Honolulu..
why is the name of airline that is known as scabs for TSA not aloud to be written here? Go jet ...... GOJE T.

Green Banana

Request Direct Honolulu..
this web site is BS. What about the freedom of information? Let pilots know what is happening. www.goje t.com

FastCargo

Is that the tanker?
Total Time
This is a private website not run by the government. Freedom of speech does not apply here. That's a common misconception people have of websites.

FastCargo

A Squared

Total Time
Dash Trash said:
this web site is BS. What about the freedom of information? Let pilots know what is happening. www.goje t.com
Yeah. Freedom of Information.

Do you even know what Freedom of Information is? Or, have you just heard the words and think it means whatever you want it to?

Freedom of Information refers to the Freedom of Information Act, which requires that non-classified information held by the Federal Government (not state or local governments) must be released to citizens upon request.

Now, your homework is to explain how the Freedom of Information Act applies to you wanting to post the name of some airline on a private website.

jackotron

Man, Myth
Total Time
Enough
Priceless

banned username 1

Banned
Banned User
Ah the beauty of a forum such as this. It gives the individual unfettered access (within few limitations) to display that he is intelligent or a dufus- proved unerringly by the responses he engenders.

FYI- In corresponding with a close friend of Mark's, he gave me some insight on the problem and number of lawsuits that Mark had to deal with over the years. As diligently as we think that we are moderating these forums, I guess it will never preclude the individual that just has to sue for some perceived wrong toward him. This is why it it is so vitally important for the future of ALL boards that a certain degree of discretion be used by posters, if they want them to continue to exist.

Thanks,

UAL78

Total Time
Thatssssssssssssssssssssssss right folks! I can display my 225 IQ heyah

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
Workin'Stiff said:
If you don't like the rules then don't come by...

That isn't a good answer to the question. Why can't we post the name Go Jets?

banned username 1

Banned
Banned User
jumppilot said:
That isn't a good answer to the question. Why can't we post the name Go Jets?
You just did. You're allowed to. Why the program catches the word Go Jets and changes it leads me to think that at some time, Mark has had some legal trouble with them and part of the settlement was that they would not be mentioned here. I know that to be the case with another outfit. What you're missing is that the only time that a post is moderated when it includes Go Jets in it is when there is something else in the post that can get the website into potential trouble, that's all. I was unaware of the number of lawsuits that this site has to deal with- after all, you can sue for anything whether you have a case or not.

Please remember this next time somebody has an ox that they just have to gore. After a while, the arena just can't keep the doors open.

Last edited:

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
UAL78 said:
Why the program catches the word GJs and changes it leads me to think that at some time, Mark has had some legal trouble with them and part of the settlement was that they would not be mentioned here.
Fair enough.