Captain Dave Gwinn

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
Total Time
> enuf
I just read that retired TWA captain Dave Gwinn passed away last December. We have lost another of the "good guys". I had the priviledge of attending one of his Honeywell sponsered weather radar training courses a few years back. He had a wealth of knowledge and experience and the ability to present it in a way that even boneheads, like myself, could understand.

blueangel3

Total Time
Dave Gwinn was our Radar Instructircat a Private Corp Flight Dept. it was timecforbmecto move on from LearJets to bigger airplanes. Dave was a real gentleman and taught me a lot about radar and adverse weather. He was partially responsible for my switch to the Airlines I didn’t get to TWA but did as a STDs Capt at UAL work with some great Ex-TWA Pilots. Rest In Peace my friend and thank you for your mentoring.

Now the negative. The Corp Chief Oilot was a low life that opened all mail that came to the hangar, even a TWA envelope addressed to me. Dave advised me to get my application in as TWA would be hiring.
shortly thereafter I was asked to resign because I wasn’t a Team Player. His favorite quote was “ If I Ever Find Out Your Looking For A Job , You will Be Looking Fir A Job. Can’t believe zi stayed with him for 8 years. Best thing that ever happened to me was UAL. 737-300/DC10/757-767/747-400.

Rest In Peace Dave.

Dave Kent
CFII - UPPER VALLEY FLYING CLUB
KLEB LEBANON NH.