• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100/hour/5y

CALEX Code-a-Phone
January 15, 2003

Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. This is Executive Administrator Mark Leneski with the CALEX Code-a-Phone for Wednesday, January 15, 2003. There are 8 items for review.

Item 1: Recalls
After meeting with Vice Chairman Mike Bowen and Executive Administrator Mark Leneski this week, Vice President of Flight Operations Jim Nides announced that Continental Express plans to begin recalling furloughed pilots in April. The company has committed to recalling 48 furloughed pilots in April and classes are scheduled for April 3, April 9 and April 22.

Crew planning will begin sending out recall letters next week so it is imperative that furloughed pilots make sure their contact information is up to date with the company. Pilots wishing to update their contact information should contact Peter Sailer at 713-324-8408.

The recall letters will provide furloughed pilots with three options and they will have 10 days to notify the company in writing which option they choose. The three options are: (1) Accepting recall, (2) bypassing recall without forfeiting seniority rights, and (3) choosing to resign their seniority number at CALEX because they have chosen other career options. See Section 13 of the CALEX CBA for the exact contract language on Furlough and Recall.

More good news: The company also plans to recall additional furloughed pilots in May but we are awaiting the final number. Barring unforeseen adverse developments, CALEX management has indicated it will be running classes every month this year and into 2004 until all furloughed pilots are back on property.

That is good news to hear. I imagine alot of people are looking forward to going back. After the recalls when do you think they will start interviewing again? Are they still taking on average 1 jet a week?

interview

I heard today from a manager at XJT that they will be interviewing this year. I do not know when, but they will be interviewing, as I was told.

Re: interview

hotwing said:
I heard today from a manager at XJT that they will be interviewing this year. I do not know when, but they will be interviewing, as I was told.

Don't hold your breath!

Interviews...

Yeah, I remember hearing from a 'reliable' source that Coex would be interviewing by March of '03!!....but that won't be happening. I agree. Don't hold your breath. The semi-official email notification states that Coex will be training furloughs until 2004. If that's the case, no hiring until then at least. You've got better chances at Comair, Skywest, or ACA, in my opinion.

# of returning furloughees at COEX

Just wondering what is the projected number of furloughed pilots at COEX that will be returning after the recalls start. I know there is no way to accurately estimate that number, but does anyone have a guess? Thanks

I just talked to my buddy who's been there for 2 years and he says they're estimating 20% wont't be comiing back.

Latest resources

Back