• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL callback

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must of been awhile for you. The FEDEX guy means you DIDN'T get the job. Let's hope he gets a phone call.......

My recomended pilot took almost a week to hear. No idea why it took so long.

Hang in there.

I'm still waiting for an interview call. Been waiting since last December. /cry. My sponsor has been in to see the CP, fleet manager, you name it......he gets the same thing every time: "Oh yeah! He's gonna get called, any day now, he's on the list!" Still nothin......should I be giving up? Or is this par for the course?

My times aren't super high, but I have 2 internal recs, soon to be 3. (got another one from another buddy). I just hope they call at some point.....

GOT THE CALL!
icon10.gif

Thanks to everyone who helped to keep me sane throughout the long wait. It actually was helpful, and probably one of the few moments in the history of this message board that it actually served some sort of good purpose!

As a native Jersey-ite, this is nothing short of a dream come true.

Take care.

I'm still waiting for an interview call. Been waiting since last December. /cry. My sponsor has been in to see the CP, fleet manager, you name it......he gets the same thing every time: "Oh yeah! He's gonna get called, any day now, he's on the list!" Still nothin......should I be giving up? Or is this par for the course?

My times aren't super high, but I have 2 internal recs, soon to be 3. (got another one from another buddy). I just hope they call at some point.....

It's only been 9 months. Mine took 10, some folks took over a year. Be patient! Giving up won't get you anywhere. Feeling sorry for yourself is never a strategy that has helped anyone (as my old coach used to say over and over).

GOT THE CALL!
icon10.gif

Thanks to everyone who helped to keep me sane throughout the long wait. It actually was helpful, and probably one of the few moments in the history of this message board that it actually served some sort of good purpose!

Take care.

I don't know if flying for the airlines is necessarily a "dream come true," however I do think you'll enjoy CAL. Good company, good outlook, and good folks. Congrats. Now - a free year's rent at the playboy mansion - yes, dream come true. Flying a fatty with wings...not so much!

Congrats Soulfly!!!

Welcome a board... Have fun in training and get ready for reserve in January!!!

In all honesty -- No Kool Aid here -- We have our problems, our contract sucks there are still "opprotunists" (nice word for scabs) who will bend over to managements whim... That being said, the flying is fun, you fly with some great guys and I can honestly say I really enjoy coming to work everyday. (Now If I can only get a few more days off :p )

Just to give you a point of reference from history... I was hired April of '06 into the 737 in EWR right now I am at 52% on the airplane getting 15-16 days off a month. I sat reserve for about 5 months but hiring slowed down for the summer right after I was hired some folks were on reserve for less than 2 months. The junior 737 CA in EWR is 1 year and 11months, now its a great deal if you live in EWR and dont commute but If I were a commuter I would probably be off the airplane already.

Congrats Soulfly!

You're going to enjoy the job. Minimal amount of time on reserve, and a really good chance that this pilot group may, for the first time, negotiate a decent contrat. With POS 02', there's no place to go but up. The company's useal "woe is us" schtick won't go too far, not after PBS and no work rules to speak of, not to mention that we're on track to make around a Billion dollars net this year.

that is awesome, congrats on the job offer. The good news is you will not sit reserve for long and you will be ahead of the winter/spring hiring wave. New contract will be on the way so you might get a very nice pay raise by your second year, keeping fingers crossed.

Lots of 737-800 and 900er series aircraft on the way so this too will help out with pay rates.

the flying here is really good, people actually work very well together.

Lets fight for a great contract!

GOT THE CALL!
icon10.gif

Take care.

Congratulations and welcome to CAL! You are coming at a time when we are going to be negotiating the make or break contract of my/our careers. It will be nasty until we get our contract but when we do if we are successful (I am betting on our success, I am the Strike Preparedness Chairman and I am going to be dedicating significant personal time away from my family for this contract) I think we will have a FEDEX type of contract.

If you have any questions about new hire stuff I am more then happy to speak with you and answer any questions you may have, PM me your phone number.

Congrats,

Jayson Baron

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back