Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Wanted: C-206 Jump Pilot

The job is Part time; flying a Cessna 206; minimum 300 hours total Time; Time in type is sometimes needed to check you out and familiarize you with jump operation. Keep in mind, this is only a “weekday” thing, and not a full time paying job by any means! A&P a plus! If you want to fly for fun, keep current or build time, this can be a great opportunity. It is weather dependent, Part 91 Day VFR operation only. Sometimes there is a lot of waiting around in the jump pilot business. It pays $5.00 per load and it takes about .5 to fly a load of jumpers. There is no way to tell exactly how many loads per week we fly, it varies, day to day, & week to week. The average is about 15 loads per week. If you are going to email your resume, please use word file. Skydive Monterey Bay operates at Marina Airport (OAR) 3000' paved, in Marina CA. You can find some additional information on jump pilot operations at. http://www.skydivemontereybay.com/ http://www.diverdriver.com/ #1 Have you every flown jumpers? #2 Do you have any C-206 time? #3 Can you support yourself while living near the DZ? #4 How many weekdays can you commit to fly? #5 Will you have transportation here? Sincerely, Randy Pacheco Chief Pilot Skydive Monterey Bay 306 Walnut St. Pacific Grove, CA 93950 831 643-2620

"The job is Part time" Would be good for a CFI thats needs some extra $$.

I don’t have any information on these jobs, I just pulled them off a skydiving site. Just trying to help a brother out. If you need that first aviation job, or just some jump pilot experience then send them your resume.

As far as the $$, there were times when I made less than that as a CFICFII, MEI. And with 300 hours ( not you, but that’s what this job requires) you’re not going to get rich flying ANYTING!!!

gkrangers said:
But would you have to sit around the dropzone all day waiting for loads ?

Seems like it could be difficult to hold other employment on the weekdays. Just my thinking.

It's not just your thinking...I had the very same thought.

Even if you flew 100% of the time you were there it is 10 bucks an hour. Once we hear the whole story it is probably .50 cents an hour if your lucky.

Sounds like another el-cheapo operator looking for something for nothing.

Just my thinking.

I like to know how much you were making when you had 300 hours!!!!!

Let's be honest. There are decent pilots out there who through no fault of their own are not decent instructors. This kind of thing can be an alternate means of time building.

PA-44Typed said:
I like to know how much you were making when you had 300 hours!!!!!

Base salary of $1250/mo. (plus some hourly) as a CFII for some tiny little 2-instructor, Part 61 flight school in Ohio.

I think almost ANY instructing job pays better than $75 a week. I've made double, even triple that in one day of instructing on several occasions.

Not all of us were able to teach at the large pilot MILL flight schools.

But what part of PART TIME DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!!! There are always going to be times when, as pilots, we are standing around. Nowhere in the post did it say that you would be there 24 hours a day.

PA-44Typed said:
I don’t have any information on these jobs, I just pulled them off a skydiving site.

Mind telling me which skydiving site, so I can watch it for jobs in my area? I don't really need a job, but wouldn't mind hauling skydivers around part-time, just for grins.

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back