Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

But wait, there's more? The Wright is Wrong?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Legislation that would phase out the Wright Amendment appears to be speeding through the House of Representatives, but it has encountered some “unexpected trouble” in the Senate, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (free registration). The paper notes that Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, “put the legislation on dual legislative tracks in the Senate to ease passage,” but says both efforts have run into trouble. One potential roadblock comes from Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., who said he objected to the one of the two tracks, which would attach the Wright legislation to a funding bill. Leahy says that violates a Senate rule against legislating in a funding bill. “It has some antitrust areas in it,” Leahy is quoted as saying by the Star-Telegram. “It’s on an appropriations bill. I’m not eager to legislate on an appropriations bill.”
On the other front, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y. says he’s concerned about how the repeal legislation would impact New York-based JetBlue Airways. The repeal measure was the result of a local compromise reached by various Texas parties. But it calls for reducing and capping the gates at Dallas Love Field –- something critics say could freeze out new airlines wanting to add service to that airport. Though Schumer could hold up a separate bill that eventually would repeal the Wright Amendment, he says he has no plans to do so. But Schumer does say that he wants to try “to work everything out so everyone can be happy.” It’s a different story for the Wright legislation in the House. There, the measure could be voted on as early as next week, according to the Star-Telegram.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/

Ha. That's 50 percent of the country. Just gotta "love" them, you just can't "luv" them.

you know how to type in black ink there jet blue boy?

SWA/FO said:
you know how to type in black ink there jet blue boy?

Come on, dude. Are you serious? Is that really a point of contention or an issue worth bringing up and wasting bandwith on?

yeah, that blue ink is driving me crazy. I'm a 5 star senior member of this forum. I think everything should be in black, its flightinfo.com rule number 6.

You are an ink racist.

Latest resources

Back