Bumped off J/S by FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meanstreak

Has anyone got bumped off your airline jumpseat by an FAA lately. This has happened to me a few times over the last few years and it's usually by an FAA guy who doesn't even monitor our airline. These guys show up last minute and request the jumpseat and send you packing. Over the last 10 FAA jumpseaters I've had on my J/S, none of them were there to watch our operation. These guys just travel around like we do for free. I know they are top priority over anyone else but Secret Service, but I still think it's BS. At least Secret Service are supposed to have an assigned seat. Well I guess I'll just call out sick again because some FAA guy has a B-Day party to attend to.

meanstreak said:
Has anyone got bumped off your airline jumpseat by an FAA lately. This has happened to me a few times over the last few years and it's usually by an FAA guy who doesn't even monitor our airline. These guys show up last minute and request the jumpseat and send you packing. Over the last 10 FAA jumpseaters I've had on my J/S, none of them were there to watch our operation. These guys just travel around like we do for free. I know they are top priority over anyone else but Secret Service, but I still think it's BS. At least Secret Service are supposed to have an assigned seat. Well I guess I'll just call out sick again because some FAA guy has a B-Day party to attend to.

Same thing almost happened to me too. I was already down the jet way on my way to RNO when the gate agent stopped me and said the FAA was going to ride instead. Fortunately, the captain saw all of this- and the Fed's ski bag. After telling him he should know better, tha CA sent him packin'.

meanstreak said:
Has anyone got bumped off your airline jumpseat by an FAA lately. This has happened to me a few times over the last few years and it's usually by an FAA guy who doesn't even monitor our airline. These guys show up last minute and request the jumpseat and send you packing.

Know what? It's the system, like it or not. If you've got that big of a problem with it, go see your Chief Pilot, VP of Flight OPs or your union reps about it.

Let us know what they've got to say about this.

Tejas

That captian that sent him packin' did the right thing, especially, if you're trying to get to work.

I had a gate agent try not to let a guy jumpseat because a fed was there. The fed filled out the jumpseat form but was doing a "cabin ride", he had two carry on bags with him going to FL.

The Feds are expected to go to meetings and such by jumpseating, I had a guy in the jumpseat once, who told me that, he was going ot OKC.

They do abuse it though i.e. Skibag.

meanstreak said:
These guys show up last minute and request the jumpseat and send you packing.

I didn't they could do that anymore, but had to be on "official" business..., i.e. giving a check.

Can't imagine anyone letting them on for "personal".

Latest resources

Back