• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil Legacy cleared to 37

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just goes to show ... if you ever are involved in an accident or incident in a foreign county go DIRECTLY to the embassy or consolutes <sp> office ... do not talk to anyone!

Better, yet, sneak out of the country.

Last edited:
Too bad there was no such thing at the Military Base, in the jungle, where they landed.

Better yet,

BUY AMERICAN!!!

Or, let the little foreigners deliver the Jet to the US complete with all working components.

MEL a transponder on the maiden voyage, right from the factory?

Get home soon guys!

100-1/2

The ATC transcripts actually had to be leaked to the press from the military, which wouldn't officially release the documents to investigators.

The Brazilian government ought to be embarrassed by their treatment of these pilots. Hopefully their attempt to pin this on the pilots will backfire on them. Cancel those Legacy/135/145/190 orders, folks! They can't be trusted!

C

I am totally P.O. at this situtation. I agree, we need those guys back ASAP. Just think, this could have happen to one of us.

This is why I don't want to fly the heavy iron, happy in my little Lear staying it this part of the world.

what is anyone doing about this? come on NBAA etc.

From Houston security services company the ASI Group: According to media reports today, a Brazilian judge ruled that the Embraer Legacy that collided on September 29 with a 737 “will have to remain in Brazil and that it cannot be sold.” In addition, all the assets of ExcelAire, the U.S.-based company that bought the jet, as well as the assets of both Legacy pilots (including their bank accounts) “have been temporarily seized.”

Time for a boycott!

Latest resources

Back