Bose X, Brand new in box.

C

ChperpltII

A brand new Bose X from Bose is under a grand as well...plus they will give you 12 monthly payments interest free on your credit/debit card.
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
ChperpltII said:
A brand new Bose X from Bose is under a grand as well...
$995 until you add taxes and shipping.

$960 including shipping sounds like a good deal to me. I like mine.




.
 
C

ChperpltII

I'm not saying it's not a good deal... But for those that don't have $960 to plunk down, they can still get one with 12 monthly payments interest free from Bose for basically the same price.

By the way... No tax when you buy on-line unless you're in the same state as them..
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
ChperpltII said:
I'm not saying it's not a good deal... But for those that don't have $960 to plunk down, they can still get one with 12 monthly payments interest free from Bose for basically the same price.

By the way... No tax when you buy on-line unless you're in the same state as them..
I see what you're saying. I'm paying for mine a month at a time, so I can empathize.

I'm not in the same state, I bought them on-line, and I paid taxes. I believe it must vary from state to state.



.
 
C

ChperpltII

It must be a state to state thing.. I bought a pair about 5 months ago and didn't pay tax.
 

Way2Broke

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Posts
2,882
Total Time
4500
Where can I find out more about the 12 month on my debit card deal?
 

Way2Broke

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Posts
2,882
Total Time
4500
Thanks. I have been torn between the clarity alofts and the bose for a while. I think this just settled it.
 
Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
ChperpltII said:
It must be a state to state thing.. I bought a pair about 5 months ago and didn't pay tax.
:(

From their website:

State laws require Bose Corporation to collect sales tax from its customers. The tax rate is based on the delivery address of your purchase. You'll see the actual amount during the checkout process.
For my Zip Code, the calculated tax is $92.97.


:eek:




.
 

Way2Broke

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Posts
2,882
Total Time
4500
$82.92 per month, 12 mos no interest. Bargain! I wonder if it is based solely or where it is getting shipped of where the card is based?
 
Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Way2Broke said:
I wonder if it is based solely or where it is getting shipped of where the card is based?
See above post - - delivery address.




.
 

Way2Broke

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Posts
2,882
Total Time
4500
ChperpltII said:
I'm not saying it's not a good deal... But for those that don't have $960 to plunk down, they can still get one with 12 monthly payments interest free from Bose for basically the same price.

By the way... No tax when you buy on-line unless you're in the same state as them..
I think its based solely on the state that you have it shipped too. If you don't mind me asking what state did you ship too? I figure i might be able to ship them to a friend and save myself a 100 bucks. I'm cheap, what can I say! Any questions, please refer to my name. :D
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Way2Broke said:
I think its based solely on the state that you have it shipped too. If you don't mind me asking what state did you ship too? I figure i might be able to ship them to a friend and save myself a 100 bucks. I'm cheap, what can I say! Any questions, please refer to my name. :D
Mine were shipped to my home in the greater Memphis metropolitan area.


Click on the link, www.bose.com/headsetx , Click ADD TO CART, Click COMPLETE ORDER (probably the top choice, but it doesn't matter for this, you're not buying it yet). You'll see a block where you can enter the 5-digit Zip Code of the delivery address and Click CALCULATE to calculate the estimated tax.




.
 
C

ChperpltII

I live in NV... I just looked at my receipt & loan agreement thing and there was no tax added.

When I click on the linkit says $77 in tax for my zip code...

I must have gotten lucky... My first payment was 102.92 with express shipping and then 82.92 for the next 10 months, and 82.91 for the last month.
 
Last edited:

Flechas

........
Joined
Aug 2, 2003
Posts
1,964
Total Time
$$$$$$
ChperpltII said:
I live in NV... I just looked at my receipt & loan agreement thing and there was no tax added.

When I click on the linkit says $77 in tax for my zip code...

I must have gotten lucky... My first payment was 102.92 with express shipping and then 82.92 for the next 10 months, and 82.91 for the last month.
TonyC said:
Mine were shipped to my home in the greater Memphis metropolitan area.

Why do you guys use headsets? Just curious, I thought your airplanes didn't require headsets (clamp ones).
 
C

ChperpltII

Why do you guys use headsets? Just curious, I thought your airplanes didn't require headsets (clamp ones).
I bought them when I was flying the CRJ... Probably didn't need something that large, but I didn't like wearing ear plugs. The CRJ can be pretty loud. I don't use them on the -80..
 

Flechas

........
Joined
Aug 2, 2003
Posts
1,964
Total Time
$$$$$$
ChperpltII said:
I bought them when I was flying the CRJ... Probably didn't need something that large, but I didn't like wearing ear plugs. The CRJ can be pretty loud. I don't use them on the -80..

That's what I was wondering, the ERJ is very loud too, I use the DC20-10 that I've had for the last 7 years.
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Flechas said:
Why do you guys use headsets? Just curious, I thought your airplanes didn't require headsets (clamp ones).
FAA requires a boom microphone below 18,000'. 727 requires noise protection when the engines are running. :)




.
 
Top