bomb threat on Frontier flight DEN-MSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Northern Lights

A Frontier Airlines plane from Denver was evacuated and searched after it landed Friday evening at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The search was prompted by a bomb threat phoned in to Denver authorities.

The caller said a bomb was on a plane flying from Denver to Minneapolis, said Patrick Hogan, spokesman for the Metropolitan Airports Commission. Three other planes were kept in Denver and checked out, but Flight 100 was already in the air, he said.

The flight, with 109 passengers and five crew members, landed at 6:05 p.m.

The plane was searched by the Bloomington Police Department's Bomb Squad. Some roads near the runway were shut down as a precaution, he said.

Hogan said that the threat called into the Sheriff's Office in Denver was vague and that no other information on the threat was immediately known.

Considering the current tensions between Northwest Airlines and Frontier Airlines, I wouldnt be superised if this was someone connection to Northwest trying to scare people from flying Frontier

DenverDude

Uh, DenverDude, if you get cable news at your house you might have noticed recent attention towards ANYTHING that smells/looks/seems like/is kinda sorta/etc a threat to air security.

In light of the above, you MIGHT think TWICE before making those prior remarks.

DenverDude2002 said:
Considering the current tensions between Northwest Airlines and Frontier Airlines, I wouldnt be superised if this was someone connection to Northwest trying to scare people from flying Frontier

satpak77 said:
Uh, DenverDude, if you get cable news at your house you might have noticed recent attention towards ANYTHING that smells/looks/seems like/is kinda sorta/etc a threat to air security.

In light of the above, you MIGHT think TWICE before making those prior remarks.

I actually thought it was pretty accurate gallows humor (excusing the grammar issues). Did you have a relative on the Frontier flight, satpak? Perhaps you should lighten up.

maybe so

i just lightened up. lets all get along in this Holiday time.

HOWEVER, I do personally feel that posts like that one are probably not the best thing to do in light of the current security situation.

DenverDude2002 said:

DenverDude-

That's a pretty big assumption.

There is no tension between Frontier & NWA, just competition.
Like between Frontier & United, or soon to be TED. Mature airline employees realize that airlines compete for routes & market share daily. The competition is between Marketing Departments, not individual employees.

Most employees realize that this crime is a Federal Offense, with very stiff consequences, and therefore would not stoop to such a low level to prove a point.

320AV8R

Just a lone nutcase probably...

Hey Denver Dude,

The way I read it is that the threat was to all DEN-MSP flights that evening. The Post mentions Frontier and UAL, but doesn't say what the third airline was. It just may have been NWA.

Think Hinkley not Oswald, and don't forget the carb heat.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~1854943,00.html

"Three flights from Denver to Minneapolis were readying to fly when Denver airport officials were notified.

Those flights had baggage rescreened, and in at least one case, a United Airlines flight was searched. There were some delays.

The Frontier jetliner was the only one in the air at the time of the threat.

The FBI determined it was a "low credibility' threat, according to DIA spokeswoman Sally Covington. "We found nothing, and everything was cleared by 6 p.m.,' she said."

Latest resources

Back