• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B.A. 777 in KLEX??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Queen Elizabeth landed there and went to the Kentucky Derby in Louisville. I don't know why they didn't fly into SDF. There are a lot of thoroughbred horseparks in Lexington, so maybe she and her posse were shopping?

Maybe General Lee flew it there by himself with 9 stews and the remainder of his pension plan.

The Saudis fly into KLEX routinely with B747 SPs for the horse trade. Keeneland is pretty much right across the street.

I don't know why they didn't fly into SDF.

Because whenever the Queen comes to Kentucky she stays at Lane's End Farm near Midway, Kentucky. Its about 10 minutes from KLEX. Its owned by the former ambassador to the UK, William Farish. She used to come here quite often to look at and buy horses, but she hasn't been here for about 15 years. This was the first time she has used a BA aircraft to visit Kentucky. The last time she came here she used a RAF VC-10. Plus, most of the people who are into horses in a serious way stay around Lexington, because it is the heart of the industry. Every year at Derby time and during the horse sales LEX is flooded with corporate jets from all over the world. As an earlier post said, you ought to see the place during the horse sales when al-Maktoum has his two 747SPs parked there.

Every year at Derby time and during the horse sales LEX is flooded with corporate jets from all over the world.

I have seen a 744 in United Arab Emirates colors parked on the north end of the airport beside US60 during the Keeneland spring and fall meets more than once; if it can get in and out of Lex Vegas a 777 can with no problems.

Because whenever the Queen comes to Kentucky she stays at Lane's End Farm near Midway, Kentucky. Its about 10 minutes from KLEX. Its owned by the former ambassador to the UK, William Farish. She used to come here quite often to look at and buy horses, but she hasn't been here for about 15 years. This was the first time she has used a BA aircraft to visit Kentucky. The last time she came here she used a RAF VC-10. Plus, most of the people who are into horses in a serious way stay around Lexington, because it is the heart of the industry. Every year at Derby time and during the horse sales LEX is flooded with corporate jets from all over the world. As an earlier post said, you ought to see the place during the horse sales when al-Maktoum has his two 747SPs parked there.

Has it been 15 years? I had just soloed when she came in last time. Have you noticed how much the price of land from LEX to DVK has gone up in that time frame. All of those wonderful horse farms.

:cool:

Latest resources

Back