• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Automatic Censoring?

belchfire

unpredictable member
Total Time
9:00am
Okay, I can understand since this is a so called public, "family" oriented forum having the automatic censoring feature.

I can come to terms with that because aviators are not perhaps civilized people WRT the English Language.

I recently posted to a thread and the word "s*************************" was censored. S*************************, as in coastlines, beaches, and half of the name of a resort city just west of Aberdeen, WA.

Ocean S*************************...

WTF???

The airport at Ocean S************************* used to be in the middle of the golf course. They built a new one that wasn't. Less danger of golf ball strikes, and a good thing as the seagulls were quite enough of a hazard.

Shore, shoreline, s************************* are perfectly legitimate words. What about shorebirds?

So shore isn't censored, but s************************* is...is my spelling off or what? Shoar indicates an error on my spellcheck, as well it should. Shoars would sound the same as the plural of shore and is not bleeped out.

forgive please the multiple entries. Just trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong or if it is the censor logic...I've come to the conclusion that is the latter.

Sorry to trouble all y'all with this...it was a long day. And I had a lot of fun at Ocean S************************* over the years that I lived in Washington-camping, flying in for a beach walk and on my Honeymoon. Just north of Ocean S************************* is a piece of beach that was designated as an airport. I actually landed there a couple of times in a rental...great place to take a date, but since you more or less had to leave before high tide a bottle of wine was out of the question! That surf-smoothed sand was the most perfect surface I have ever landed on.

Never did understand the grief that people went to trying to get razor clams though...

Last edited:

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
******** ****. *** .... *********
**** *** ************ ***! **************!!!
******* ** *************.*** ******* ** ********* *** ****** *********?

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
I recently posted to a thread and the word "s*************************" was censored. S*************************, as in coastlines, beaches, and half of the name of a resort city just west of Aberdeen, WA.

Ocean S*************************...

WTF???

The airport at Ocean S************************* used to be in the middle of the golf course. They built a new one that wasn't. Less danger of golf ball strikes, and a good thing as the seagulls were quite enough of a hazard.

Shore, shoreline, s************************* are perfectly legitimate words. What about shorebirds?

So shore isn't censored, but s************************* is...is my spelling off or what? Shoar indicates an error on my spellcheck, as well it should. Shoars would sound the same as the plural of shore and is not bleeped out.

forgive please the multiple entries. Just trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong or if it is the censor logic...I've come to the conclusion that is the latter.

Sorry to trouble all y'all with this...it was a long day. And I had a lot of fun at Ocean S************************* over the years that I lived in Washington-camping, flying in for a beach walk and on my Honeymoon. Just north of Ocean S************************* is a piece of beach that was designated as an airport. I actually landed there a couple of times in a rental...great place to take a date, but since you more or less had to leave before high tide a bottle of wine was out of the question! That surf-smoothed sand was the most perfect surface I have ever landed on.

Never did understand the grief that people went to trying to get razor clams though...

I KNOW!!!! I was attempting to write the very same word in one of my posts and got the censor thingy too! (I'm guessing it was the "sh" that did it.)

I too thought WTF...over!? Logic? I just don't see it.

....and you are right! Great place to take a wine-less date! :p