ATP written at "ALLATP'S"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LineBoy

I am planning to take the Atp written exam with ALLATP's at their Trenton location.

Can anyone give me any feed back on their testing facility? Its a one day $295.00 course. I suppose you study all day and then take the written exam later that evening. They use a computerized training module during the day. Has anyone taken the ATP written through ALLAtp's? Some feed back would be greatly appreciated. Should I knock my brains out with the GLEIM "redbook" first? Any suggestions...thanks....

I did it a few years ago. It's really just a lazy way to knock it out, or if your boss needs it done like yesterday. they will sit you in front a computer and let you scroll though all the Q&A's that may be on the test, when you think your ready you take the test. You'll be done alot sooner than the time they allot you, don't even bother with the red book.

Last edited:
As I recall we did not use the computer until test time, used a test book. But that was a while ago.

As to your question, should you knock your brains in studying, NAH

You dont learn a thing, It is an expensive excersize in rote memory.

1. Read the question
2. High light/circle the answer.
3. Read the answer again.
4. Read the question.
5. Read the answer.
6. Read the answer again.
7. Read the question and the answer
8. Move to next question.

That will be $300.00.

Do that and take the test at your own local testing facility that day or the next. You will not have a problem. You will not learn anything, but you will pass easily.

Last edited:
I did my written at their Addison, TX location earlier this year. At the end of the day you'll want to run your head into a brick wall about three or four times, but you'll have a passing grade in your hand...well, you SHOULD have a passing grade anyway!

It was all computerized, with the exception of the supplement book. They gave us a calculator and note pad. I forgot to bring an E6B, which would've helped.

My background was purely 135 ops, so the 121 stuff took a little time to memorize, which by the end of the day I think I got all the 121 ?'s right. The hardest stuff was the B727/737 performance crap...that's where the E6B would've come in handy. The W & B and weight shift stuff wasn't too tough once you memorized all of the formulas.

I ran through all the question banks once or twice, and then did a quick review. I took the test in the afternoon, but well before the "Test Time" arrived. The test took about 30-45 mins and I got something like a 94% on it IIRC.

It's WELL worth the money, but like the others have said, you probably won't remember much once it's all over, lol. I'd do it again if I had to, but thank the Lord I WON'T! :D

I did my written at ATP, too. It's worth it. I had studied a bit over the years before and with that little bit of prep I was out of that place in about 3 hours. "Study" on the computer and take the test on the same machine when you're ready.

Say what you will, but if you just want the written over with it's A-OK.

I would NOT do it again at ALLATP. Huge Waste Of Money! Study prep is bullshizzle. You are a lot better off Studying on your own 1 day and going to take it for 80 bucks. I suggest not wasting the 295 bucks. I was pissed i blew that kind of money on their, "Study Prep".:cool: Do it on your own and save the money. :nuts: I will say i did no prior studying and just went in and did it and passed so it is quick and easy but not worth it IMHO.

thanks for the info. I've been reading the "red Book" off and on for awhile now but can't always seem to stay motivated. I'm in no serious need to complete the exam. So I was just thinking I would go over there and knock it out in one day. Thats probably what I'll do. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest resources

Back