Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they never stopped.

I believe they hired around 230 in 2003, and are planning 130+ in 2004.

Do a quick search for the lastest info.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure the interviewing stopped for the holidays back in early November, and should start back up in the beginning of January. There might be a dozen or so souls in the pool right now, but we will require many new warm pilot bodies in the next year.

Nj,

Thanks that is what I had heard. They recieved my app in the end of November hope to here from them soon.

The last interviews were conducted on Nov. 12th...I think. NJ is correct in that they stopped interviews for the holidays. We are planning on hiring close to 100 pilots in the 1st quarter of 2004 alone. I also heard that we had 55 pilots in the pool waiting on a class date. I think the January class new hires have already been notified so that 55 # may not be accurate. I am assuming that interviews will start ASAP. They have to start staffing those 5 used 757's we are getting next year plus we are short pilots as it stands now.

Good luck! It is a great place to work. I was off for Christmas Eve through New Year's Eve with a 6pm show time New Year's Day and I only have 3 months seniority.:D

mach zero,

Being a corporate type I dread sitting in back of the cattle cars. But I do have to say that you folks have got your act together. Your people are courteous, your 717s are great and beat the heck out of the CRJs that you commonly compete with on some routes. Your pilots know how to land, as well.

Unfortuante as it might be for fledgling pilots to bitch about not being able to make what the "legacy" airline types make now I am constantly reminded about why one would get into flying in the first place. It should not be completely about money. It should be because one loves to fly.

The airlines are not for everyone who loves to fly. I was offered a couple of times to be one of the airline types and it is just not my cup of tea. I am glad that there are those of you out there doing that kind of work so folks like me don't have to. Keep doing your thing and enjoy every opportunity you have to "break ground!"

Oops..my bad!

ALSF 2 said: "and are planning 130+ in 2004."

That is the number for the first quarter, we are planning something along the lines of 220+ for the year 2004. The 5 new (to us, actually used) 757s will be augmented by 3 "spares" (super secret code word for "flying"), I also heard we are looking at 4 additional 757s, so that means upwards of 12 757s in 2004.

MDP727 - you will like the 75, much nicer than the light twin.

Hey pickle who are you? You got the inside scoop! Yes looking forward to the 75. Much better seniority and I miss having a speedometer. The 73 is a good airplane nevertheless.

Latest resources

Back