Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Can FAR 135 pilots jumpseat on ASA ??? I have heard many different slants on this. I haven't been in the airline business since 9/11 and don't really have a need to. I guess just curiosity more than anything and I know things are a lot different these days.

A friend of mine that flies with them says YES. If so, what would be the proper procedure as far as getting through security, etc...

I don't see anything in our standard practice manual that would allow a 135 jumpseater, but gate agents might have a different set of rules for non-revenue access in the cabin. I don't know.

If we have a seat in back welcome aboard!

I understand the whole riding in the back thing since 9/11, but I would appreciate it if someone could give me a definitive answer on whether ASA can allow 135 jumpseaters. If so, what is the process ? Do you have to go to the ticket counter first and get some sort of pass to get through security or will your company I.D. get you through the crack squad of security professionals ???

Thanks guys...

T-Gates said:
The ASA jumpseat form has (or atleast did) have a checkbox for 135 Jumpseaters. There was also a caveat that 121 pilots had priority over 135 pilots.
The old form (9/00) indeed had a box for "other 121/135" pilots, but the new form (April 2004) does not have that box for either category (135 or 121).

However, the list on the new form seems to be cockpit-specific. The upper left is where cabin authorization is issued, and I assume that the gate agents can put anyone authorized back there.

So....the answer is most likely "yes."

Latest resources

Back