Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA767AV8TOR said:
Hangin' On,

You sure got that right. These guys are fighting the last war which is over and done. Did guys get screwed in Supp CC – Yes! Did some make out pretty good – Yes! Personally, I’m an AA native who had almost 10 years on the property at the time of the acquisition and I still lost over 600 numbers and a left seat position.

The TWA deal was a bad purchase made worse by the events of 911. Problem is, it’s over, done, and past. With the multitude of issues confronting us, these upcoming negotiations will be perhaps our most complex yet.

AMR is aiming for our retirement, productivity, quality of life, and pay. Due to the recent screw ups by our illustrious management, we have a real opportunity to capitalize on our standard of living. We achieve success only by coming together – all of us. There are institutional issues involved here; hopefully, success in our contract transcends to the others.

If management is successful in their divide and conquer strategy, you can count on the continued downward spiral on this profession.

We must look forward and not behind!

AA767AV8TOR

Amen.

AAflyer

pylut said:
You have trouble with your comprehension don't you?

No, I understand completely what you said, I just happen to disagree.

pylut said:
Still got it backwards, You ARE ignorant THEREFORE we disagree. not the other way around.

You really have a myopic view of the world, dont you? Problem is, I am only IGNORANT in your eyes. I know of over 10,000 pilots that seem to think different than you do.

pylut said:
By the way I have met you an your ilk in the halls in DFW,MIA and ORD many times.

No you haven't. Before my furlough I never ran into TWA pilots in DFW, ORD, or MIA ops. I have never spoken to you.

pylut said:
Still can't get that stink off huh? that's cause it's oozing out from inside where it counts.

No stench here. But is kind of funny listening to you only being able to conjur up childish banter instead of being able to debate the topic at hand.

Early on in the thread I asked you to prove it, when you stated that I was arrogant. You have yet to do so and can only sling out childish insults. Either make a point or let this thread die.

But is kind of funny listening to you only being able to conjur up childish banter

Always try to speak to the level your audience is able to comprehend.

Either make a point or let this thread die.

Geez, please reread my previous posts. The point is and has been quite clear. It is .....

(pause to allow Dkitty's brain to sound out the bigger words)

that you are ARROGANT and IGNORANT.

(sidenote) I think it is interesting that generally the insane, ignorant and truly stupid do not realize that they are in fact - insane, ignorant or truly stupid. Having observed your posts, I think (at least in your case) we can ad arrogant to the list. Interesting

Pylut,

I am sorry that the AA/TWA debacle made your life so miserable. I am also sorry that you can't put that behind you and get on with your life, just like I and many others have done.

Keep blaming myself and the APA for all your life's woes. Because we are the ones that did this to you. The fact that you flew for a soon to be three-peat bankrupt airline and the fact that ALPA gave you bad representation had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

AA767AV8TOR and AAflyer,

Well, we tried to get it back on track. I too am a "Native American" who flies with the TWA guys every pairing. They are a great bunch of pilots that have mostly put the past behind them--you would think the folks on this board could do the same. Maybe I'll see you guys on the picket line two or so years from now--LOL. It will probably come to that.

Dangerkitty and Pylut--come on, guys! Give it a rest and look ahead to the future!! I have 22+ years left--I don't plan on flying to FAR's with no pension, do you? To borrow something from our union board, now that we finally have something to unite on, why bring up things to further divide us?!?!

Agree to disagree and move on!!

Hangin' On said:
AA767AV8TOR and AAflyer,

Well, we tried to get it back on track. I too am a "Native American" who flies with the TWA guys every pairing. They are a great bunch of pilots that have mostly put the past behind them--you would think the folks on this board could do the same. Maybe I'll see you guys on the picket line two or so years from now--LOL. It will probably come to that.

Dangerkitty and Pylut--come on, guys! Give it a rest and look ahead to the future!! I have 22+ years left--I don't plan on flying to FAR's with no pension, do you? To borrow something from our union board, now that we finally have something to unite on, why bring up things to further divide us?!?!

Agree to disagree and move on!!

I agree, the TWA guys that you're flying with are (for the most part) a great bunch of pilots. But they're a fraction of what APA integrated into the list. Many have retired. The MAJORITY of TWA pilots aren't on the AA property and will more than likely have a hard time "forgetting" what's been done to them.

I'll walk the picket line with you, but I'll be doing it with the same interest you had of integrating me onto your list. I have twenty-two years left as well and was hired in '96.

What do I expect you'll do? You'll sell out the furloughees to gain what's best for yourself. Previous iterations of AA pilots have sold out the future so what's to stop this group?

Pensions are a pipe dream. Cash out what you can and rest in peace that you're in control of the funding and not the company.

It's very hard to unite against something when the group is hardly united to begin with.

stlflyguy

stlflyguy said:
I agree, the TWA guys that you're flying with are (for the most part) a great bunch of pilots. But they're a fraction of what APA integrated into the list. Many have retired. The MAJORITY of TWA pilots aren't on the AA property and will more than likely have a hard time "forgetting" what's been done to them.

I'll walk the picket line with you, but I'll be doing it with the same interest you had of integrating me onto your list. I have twenty-two years left as well and was hired in '96.

What do I expect you'll do? You'll sell out the furloughees to gain what's best for yourself. Previous iterations of AA pilots have sold out the future so what's to stop this group?

Pensions are a pipe dream. Cash out what you can and rest in peace that you're in control of the funding and not the company.

It's very hard to unite against something when the group is hardly united to begin with.

stlflyguy
stlflyguy,

I'll look forward to seeing you on the picket line. Then you can meet me and draw conclusions on what I may or may not vote for. But until that time, you do not have a clue and please do not assume. As I recall, I was never asked about the integration or allowed to vote on it. I think lots of people got screwed--my point is it is OVER!! There is very little you or I can do about it now. It looks like you are doing the only thing you can do and sue ALPA. They are the ones who screwed you by not representing you at all.

I wish you well and all the luck wherever your career takes you.

Now, can we all try to figure out how to get this profession out of its tailspin together?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Part deux. Ralphies little "But wait....", or "and yet....."

Danger Puddytat should love this.

ironspud said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Part deux. Ralphies little "But wait....", or "and yet....."

Danger Puddytat should love this.

I was kinda proud of Ralphie--and a little surprised! I sure hope he means half of what he wrote.

Now, if APA would only hire professional negotiators, we might be in business!

Hangin' On said:
AA767AV8TOR and AAflyer,
Hangin' On said:

Maybe I'll see you guys on the picket line two or so years from now--LOL. It will probably come to that.

You can count on seeing over a thousand of us if you take one step off the curb. Hows that for Unity AAholes.
Mach8Forest

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back