Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any on here attend metro. state in denver?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot error

might want to watch your credit for a bit:

DENVER - Metropolitan State College reports that a laptop computer containing the names and social security numbers of more than 93,000 students has been stolen.
Students who took classes at the school from the beginning of the 1996 fall semester through the end of the 2005 summer semester are included in the stolen records. The list of students not only includes those enrolled at Metro State, but also students from the Community College of Denver and the University of Colorado who took classes at the college.
The laptop was stolen February 25, 2006 from a Metro State employee's home. The information was being used for the application of a Title 3 grant, but the employee who had the laptop was also using the data as part of a thesis in a Masters program.
The case is under investigation.
There's no evidence, at this time, that the personal information has been misused, but college administrators want to take no chances and they're trying to contact all impacted individuals by mail. They are suggesting the students consider a fraud alert on their credit reports.
Because some files go back ten years, the college may not find current addresses for every name on the list. Metro State College has created a special Web site for individuals who are worried that their information may have been stolen. The Web site contains helpful phone numbers, information on next steps to take, and links to credit reporting agencies.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Yep, I was at Metro and CCD from '96-97 before transferring. I wonder if I'm on the list? Last time Wells Fargo had this happen w/ one of their computers and stated that because of their major screwup, I was entitled to ONE free credit check through their company. Gee thanks!

Latest resources

Back