Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pin727

any info on whats up with A-JET, read on a magazine all about the company and that they are hiring, also I know that they go to tha aeroservices fair in miami every time.. is there a best way on getting my stuff with them or tha e-mail and fair is the way???

THANK YOU

Here goes again...

Please do a search on Amerijet on this thread. I urge you to please reconsider this S. Hole operation. I'll post a few here;

1. They promise FOs and FEs start at 60K per year. They don't pay that. They pay 35K ($45 per hour with 60 guarantee) and take OVER $700 per month for medical for family coverage.

2. No lav on aircraft.

3. You have to print your own Jepps at YOUR expense.

4. The Mx is very spotty. They clear a DMI when it expires only to rewrite it up. For proof go to the mx records of N905AJ around Jan of this year.

5. They have swapped engines from one a/c to another to mask repeated write ups. ie "excessive oil burn on no. 1 eng" appears numerous times on one plane so they put it on another so the write ups stop on that plane only to start again on another.

6. No food or water provided on flight. You have to spend $10 a day or so to stay alive.

7. Per Diem is $1.25 per hour. No over nights (except San Juan) scheduled. Plenty of 16 plus hour duty days followed up by 10 hours rest to do it all over again.

8. Union (if you can call it that) and company have a very rough relationship. Company looks for ways to screw with pilots. (latest that I was privy to was forcing flight crews to wear big bright orange reflective vests whenever on the ramp.)

9. Sick time accrues at 1.25 hours per month. If you call in sick with sick time you get paid 2.5 hours for the day. If you call in sick at the time they call you for a trip (with sick time) they dock you 5.0 hours for the day. If you call in sick for a trip with out any sick time they dock you 5.0 hours for the day. If you call in sick with no sick time then you go into the negative at the rate of 5.0 hours per day. If your earning it at only 1.25 hours per month then it takes qute a while to get back to zero, even though your paycheck was docked 5.0 hours per day you called in sick.

10. Many captains have spent their entire careers at Amerijet. Due to Amerijets extremely crap training program they have a somewhat twisted view on how regulations, the FOM and systems work.

11. Training is outsourced to Aeroservices. The system guys and sim instructors were not too bad. However GOS guy was horrible. They teach GOS by projecting the book (on laptop) onto the wall and everyone reads. Teaches exemption 3585 by reading from the book. When done reading asks,"are there any questions?" No one says anything and he moves on. Later when teaching low vis takeoffs he states that exemption 3585 is used to allow low vis takeoffs requiring a second alternate. (For anyone who know about exemption 3585 you know how incredibly wrong this is!)

12. You are given no training manuals or books in ground school. Instead you are told that Amerijet is a paperless airline and all materials can be found on the company website. That's nice but not great for studying.

13. Since you are required to print your own Jepps many of the pilots elect not to. So you fly with guys that have obscenely outdated charts.

14. None of the airplanes are at all standard. Switches are all over the place on each aircraft. Just starting the engines requires a look around to find the switch.

15. When instructed by MIA departure at 4,000 feet to, "fly best forward speed", I was told by my captain to fly 330kts. I told him "no", gave him 260 to placate him until 10,000 and then had to listen to him lecture all the way to South America.

16. One captain brags about "pulling the CB on the clacker" so he could maintain .80 mach all the way down the descent to 5,000 feet so he could "beat his buddy in" (his friend was flying company aircraft and he wanted to land first for some reason.) By doing this he exceeded VMO by around 50 to 60 knots.

17. The CP has no real airline experience. He's just banged around bottom feeders like Amerijet all his career getting fired from one to be picked up by another.

18. The DO is a pilot with questionable abilities who resents pilots with skill.

19. Amerijet has been around since FedEx started operations. They both started with about the same capital. Amerijet has 9 aircraft.

20. Twenty is too many. I'd sound jaded if I put a 20th complaint about amerijet. There is some good at the company. Let me think...oh yeah, I got it. In all the time I was there my car was never towed from the employee lot.

Choose wisely grasshopper.

TheGuat said:
What's the QOL? How long to upgrade? Any west coast bases?

Dude read the post above yours. EVERYONE based in MIA. If you live more than 2 hours away it is IMPOSSIBLE to have any life let alone QOL. Man this is why our industry is so messed up because guys will take a job at Amerijet to get time. I worked there for a brief cup of coffee after 9-11. I found that going back an an active duty tour to the sandbox not only more rewarding to my QOL but was SAFER too.

Wrap yourself in aluminum and jet fuel and set yourself on fire.

Save yourself the trouble.

CE

L-1011-500 said:
Dude read the post above yours. EVERYONE based in MIA. If you live more than 2 hours away it is IMPOSSIBLE to have any life let alone QOL. Man this is why our industry is so messed up because guys will take a job at Amerijet to get time. I worked there for a brief cup of coffee after 9-11. I found that going back an an active duty tour to the sandbox not only more rewarding to my QOL but was SAFER too.

Dude, relax...Recognize the # 1 flamebaiter on this forum for what he is... A guy on leave for mental problems!! The Guat is UPSer, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, FreightNazi, ABXpert, OUT, 410Dude, GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, E170GuppyKiller, RJDC, TheMissingLink, LucyFurr and countless other previously banned users.

Latest resources

Back