Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinhard

We be flight instructin!
Rumor has it, as with everything here, that ALG has reached a TA. Anyone have any more info on it?

It looks like the same as the one that mgmnt pulled from us but with a commuter clause instead of a furlough/succership clause I'm reading it as we speak so I'll let you know. Great a commuter clause.....so we can commute to the unemployment line??????

Yes Allegheny has reached a TA, and we will get a chance to read over the agreement and vote on it soon.

Yes it is a concessionary agreement, and as such there is not much to get excited about. That's why they call it a "concessionary agreement" and not "free beer and buffalo wings agreement". Seriously though, it does clarify many of the vauge areas of the last deal, and also gained us a few small items.

As for the "commuter clause" it sits very well with me (as I commute now), but it also indicates the companies' desire to hub base our airline.

Obviously there are BIG changes in store for ALG (and PDT + PSA) in the next year no matter what. US Airways is going to move ahead with or without ALG, so now it is up to each of us to decide what we want to do...

Maybe if we gave the company even more money that Dave said they dont need we will have a better chance to get a jet! Or perhaps if we work for nothing for two months maybe managment will let us jump seat for a month after we are furloughed. You know I'm all for giving even more to help out the company that doesnt need our help. After all what choice do we have. By the way anyone know where I can get some vaseline cheap?

Cute...

You know as well as I do the concessions are not meant to save US Airways so much as establish a lower cost structure. Its a plain deal, accept cuts and jets for jobs or dont.

Of course no deal means no reason for us to exist, esp if we are the only one without a chair when the music stops because MDA, PSA and PDT have sat down already.

It's not that they need our concessions, its that they need our compliance. What they dont need anymore is a bunch of old Dash 8/100's. They are going away no matter if we vote yes or no.

So vote how you want but Ill take a bad deal over no deal/no job. Noy happu about it, but would be less happy on the street

Blue Sky

I must have missed the part of the TA that says we get jets, I'll go read it again. And why do you think they want the furlough protection?

I never said that the agreement told us we were getting jets, I just said that without an agreement we were not getting jets.

I did say that without new equipment we will no longer exist, as it is a fact that the dashes are going away.

So put the two together and you get the point I was trying to make, that without an agreement ALG is going away.

Vote how you want, but realize that most of the things you have complained about on the new agreement (furloughs, job loss, pay cuts) will still happen if you vote no.

Im just calling it the way it is, it's not like Im happy about our wonderful situation. I just fail to see what we gain by turning it down.

No, I dont like kool-aid, and no I dont think that a commuter clause will smooth out the tough times ahead of us. But I am optimistic enough to think that if US Airways can now make the most money by placing jets on our property then thats just what they are going to do. Guarentee...? No, but Id rather take a shot at winning for a change.

How's tha ad for the lotto go... you cannot win if you dont play.

Peace

Latest resources

Back