• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Airline Pilot Gear For Sale

MJEPilot

Total Time
I am a furloughed pilot from Continental Express that will not be getting back into Commercial Aviation. Thus I have a lot of airline pilot gear for sale. I have new, never been worn: the colors of all the clothing is consistent for what is supplied to new hires through the company that Continental Express brings in to fit,

- 4 short sleeve, wrinkle free white pilot shirts
- 3 long sleeve, wrinkle free white pilot shirts
- 4 pairs of pants
- 3 pairs of shoulder wings
- 2 clip on ties
- 2 regular ties
- 1 42R dress coat
- 1 hat
- 1 medium leather lamb-skin CoEx jacket
- 1 pair of leather gloves

Remember, all items listed above have never been worn and are still in protective bags.

I also have available:

- 1 ATR Wooden Model
- 1 Lightspeed 15K headset with case
- 2 large-sized Leather Jepp Binders
- 1 small-sized Leather Jepp Binder
- 1 pilot carry case - supplied through CoEx

E-mail me at SarahJE728@aol.com if you are interested. Let me know which items you would like and I will supply you with a price. Everything has either never been used or is in immaculate condition. Thanks.

ILS JNKY

Sea Plane Pilots Assoc
Total Time
kidding

You have got to be kidding, after all the work just to walk away, with out a fight.

So they dumped you, ever get dumped by a girl, guess what there are so many other options in this field that you never know what is down the street.

Got news for you they an't the only one on the block are they??
their stock is not that great either i know i short it every chance i get.

Find some where els to fly remember the world is open and up for sale.................. put the game face back on and fight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

CitationCapt

STILL determined
Total Time
Leaving aviation

MJEPilot (Sarah- is that your name?),

I somewhat agree with ILS JNKY. Just because there is a possibility that COEX won't recall you for awhile, don't decide to leave commercial aviation after all of the effort and training you have invested in it. Maybe you saw a side of the career that didn't agree with you, but your skills are quite marketable somewhere else.

Read a number of Bobbysamd's posts about his trials in attempting to become an airline pilot after a solid foundation instructing at places like ERAU. He is now looking back years later and still probably wishing that he is (agewise like me- sorry Bobby) where you were at.

Unless you have some over-riding reason to not continue your professional pilot career, such as health related or joining the nunnery or???, stay with it!

Gosh, there are numerous operators, either part 135 or part 91 that could use your skills. Are you current and doing any flying, even rental? Can you relocate? You have some CRM skills and turbine experience. Start applying to any corporate SIC position you see, even if it means a relocation. The money isn't bad starting out in a light jet ($24-30K).

STAY WITH IT!

CitationCapt.

Last edited:

Andy Neill

Total Time
What confuses me is that MJEPilot is self-identified as a Comair selectee waiting for a class date. What's up with that?

CitationCapt

STILL determined
Total Time
Missed that ....

Just read Andy's post.. I missed your footnote MJEPilot. OK, what is up with that. Am I missing something too?

CitationCapt.

MJEPilot

Total Time
Yes, I am a Comair hire awaiting a class date. Hired in March....still waiting for a class. So, if I just sit by the phone and wait for Comair to decide to start training or for CoEx to start recalls then I can just watch my life dwindle away. Who cares what I have had to sacrafice to get here - I am cutting my loses. Thank God that I am only 24 with no children and no mortgage. I can't imagine having a family to provide for and then having something like Sept. 11 happen and rip that security away. I know of numerous pilots who work at Walmart and Target because they don't want to give up what they've worked for. That is not my idea of a life. Sure, the industry will turn around and people will start flying more. But, what if something does happen again? Even something non-aviation related. Do you think people are going to want the get on a plane? Would you? No. So, then the furloughs start again. And so on and so forth. Do I want to be working for a Regional for 10 years now because upgrade time has changed since Sept. 11. Do I want to make shi* money while my friends make 2 or 3 times what I would me making and they are home every night. Do I want to wonder from day to day what news I might hear on CNN that may instantly rip my paycheck from my hands. Do I want to be furloughed and get a check for only two-weeks (a whopping $500). The answer is simply NO. You can go on trying to convince yourself that everything has gotten back to normal and nothing will happen like Sept. 11. But you are fooling yourself. You can say that I simply am giving up and I have no determination to try and make this work. Well, you are wrong. I could have easily given up and Sept. 11, but there I was pushing to get an interview with Comair. I am now ready to start my life. I am now ready to make money and have financial security. I would like to have children in the next 1-2 years, but not without the security of a reasonable and consistent paycheck.

CitationCapt

STILL determined
Total Time
Good luck

Yes MJE Pilot- good luck in your future pursuits. I see that you have or had a CFI. You might consider keeping that current and doing some part time CFI'ing. The industry has many out there who do the part time CFI thing at flying clubs on weekends. Enjoy it as an avocation.

Again, good luck.

CitationCapt.

Tri-holer

Unregistered Ruser
Total Time
7000+
MJEPilot
Good luck in whatever your future pursuits are. I can't believe anyone would willingly give up aviation. I can see being forced out of it but not just giving up. I gave up too much to get into it - a stable career with a good income and a future - to consider getting out while the ball is still in play. And as you said, you are just waiting for a class date. With a March interview, you should be coming up real soon. Sure something could happen to hurt aviation again, but realistically, something could happen in any field.

Since no other office in the world compares to the one above them all - you should give it a second thought. You are young and unemcumbered and therefore able to hold out (if you are willing). I am old, emcumbered (with a wife and 3 kids) and I will hold out. In fact, if you leave; my class date will come just a tad sooner so I should encourage you to punch out. Instead, I do hope you come around and I get to fly with you at Comair.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

ILS JNKY

Sea Plane Pilots Assoc
Total Time
DAL

Thats delta airlines ticker symbol as it heads for the bottom, this once popular stock use to trade at , the following numbers are from one year ago via NASDAQ.COM

Dal $40.00/ now $22.00

Luv "southwest" $17.50/ now $15.75

Amr $32.50 / now $17.90

U us air $25.00 / now $3.81

Ual $31.00/ now $12.45

Unless you are a short player this is no place to be, or to get caught on the wrong side of the fence.

May be this is why i would rather fly cargo all night..........:cool:

onetaco

Total Time
MJEPilot,
Just curious when you went to COEX. I was in the 3/19/01 class and also furloughed. Now I'm also waiting for class. It is difficult, but all I have to do is remember back when I was working in the computer industry. My job was so unsatisfying even though the $$ was lots better than first year FO pay. And there was no security in that industry either. Two different companys I worked for turned south and I got layed off. In high tech, there are no recalls.

A friend of mine once said "first you need to figure out what you like to do, then figure out how you can make a living doing it." He was a computer programmer now he ranches cows.

Best of luck,
onetaco

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
MJE - sounds to me like you started your training for the sole purpose of being an airline pilot, and not just to fly. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but I think may be the reason why there are so many of us here than can't understand why you'd ever hang up your hat.

I can see being frustrated at the industry right now, but there are a ton of things you can be doing in the cockpit to get by until times get better. But I suppose if you're not happy unless you're burning kerosene, then perhaps another field of work is best for you.

Best of luck! It's always sad to see someone hang it up - flying or otherwise.

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
Well but many of us have often wondered if our careers in aviation are worth all the sacrifice and hassle it often involves, and for some people it is not, and it would certainly be wrong to try and find any fault with them. I am sure many of us have considered it from time to time.

I guess she thinks, family, children, and the financial stability that will require is more important than being in the air. Hell, I cant blame her.

There are more important things in life than flying, and sometimes those are not compatible with aviation to some people. And based on the numbers of divorces that pilots have, aviation and family doesnt always work out so well.

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
That's very true. I wasn't finding fault at all - and completely understand that family and friends should come first. Sometimes, I guess it just isn't worth it.

I'm still young and naive. I haven't been forced to make the tough decisions yet. We'll see how I turn out when my time comes.

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Given the foolishness and incapacity of the people in industry/government you may be making a smart decision. With the aim of the companies to downgrade compensation of the majors to commuter levels, gut scope, kill the RLA, and gain government support for cabotage, I know I don't like the direction we are going either.

Eric

See you in the Wasatch!
Total Time
??????
Running from Safety

MJE,

Good luck with your decisions. There is no right or wrong, only choices and outcomes. Not that I know much about anything, but my father worked a 'safe' corporate job for years and has been recently laid off. Now with the stock market in the tank, his retirement future isn't looking too bright. He smiles when he looks at me, his poor, happy son doing what it takes to do what I enjoy.

I guess my point is this--there is no such thing as security. You can lose your health, your children, your spouse, your money, your job in all careers, as well as your own life. There IS such a thing as happiness, and I think it comes from pursuing something that really turns you on, or helping someone else pursue their dreams. Your time is valuable and short, make sure you spend it on something that will make you happy and not something that will hopefully make you 'secure'.

No regrets in the end,
Eric

ps-Check out Richard Bach's book, Running from Safety

sabreliner

Total Time
5000+
:cool: I know where she is coming from . Been there, recovered. and back flying again. NO career is without bumps as you will find when you get out in the real world and have to work for a living. Yeah, I know flying is work. Especially after finishing 7.82 and a 15:30 duty day. Then I don't know if I am safe to drive home. But get out there and look at the alternatives. But hey, your mind is made up and best of luck where you end up.

Change your attitude - change your destination.......