AFOQT/BAT Scores....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleRat

Good Afternoon everyone. I just got done taking the BAT and AFOQT, the following are my scores and I was hoping for some honest input as to if i have a good or bad chance at a pilot slot:

AFOQT:
Pilot: 88
Nav: 75
Academic Aptitude: 27 :/
Verbal: 14 :/
Quantitive: 48

PCSM: 99

I know the pilot and Nav are good but its the rest, I certainly was never , nor intend to be an english major thats for sure, but I am worried that the scores may effect my chances of a pilot slot. I am applying to all 3 branches, AD, Reserves and Guard, just am looking for some imput as to what my chances are, thank you for everyones help.

David Motyka

Your screwed ...

-B

Well, ERAU got you in the 80's on pilot but they sure didn't help you much with any academic stuff, did they? 14? Ouch.

Riddle did get me the 80 and the 99 on the pcsm. I dont think even Harvard could help my verbal score, never was a good test taker anyways. But it's what I scored so I can't be ashamed of it, life moves on. I'm just trying to see what the pilot boards look at?

Dave

RiddleRat said:
I'm just trying to see what the pilot boards look at?
They look at all of it. With poor verbal and academic scores it could indicate that you will have a problem with technical manuals.

You need to retake the AFOQT. You need a 15 on the Verbal section to even qualify for pilot, and right now you don't even qualify. Get the Military Flight Exams book from ARCO and do some serious studying. You may also want to look at some ACT/SAT study books for verbal and quantitative help. If you study hard you can get your scores up across the board. The competition is tough, and you need to excel on the items that you have control over (i.e. AFOQT).

Good Luck!

Thats what I figured (my luck 1 point) The only problem is it is my second time taking it. So basically I am SOL (to be blunt)?

Dave

If there were some extraordinarily extenuating circumstances for your scores, you could apply for a waiver to take the exam a third time (a long shot). Other than that, you apparently are SOL. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the way it is.

Chalk it up to an experience and move on. You did your best. Don't let it bring you down. The one point would likely only "qualify" you. No guarantees after that.

Latest resources

Back