AEROSERVICE / CLIMBTO350.COM - OPEN HOUSE / CAREER FAIR Jan 21st Miami

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Question for some of you seasoned veterans. I am seriously considering scrounging up enough money to head to this career fair in Miami. Has anybody been to any of these types of job fairs by aeroservice before? Is it worth it? Seems like last summer I had a buddy of mine go to something similar although I don't think it was aeroservice that was putting on the event. It was a complete waste of his time. It was a sales pitch by one of the "airline transition programs" for only like 30k and your first born(insert sarcasm here). I would hate to shell out the money for a plane ticket just to come away from this thing feeling like nothing had been accomplished. Guess I'm trying to exhaust every way possible to talk to someone at the airlines. Thanks in advance for the help...

Key thing about this one is that it's FREE; Kit Darby's waste of money is definately not worth it! If you can go, then go. By looking at your hours you might have a chance at Colgan and they'll be there along with some other regionals. Dust off the black suit and go, my 2 cents....

No Suit needed

This job fair is in Miami............No suit needed.
A nice tie and a sportcoat is all you need. I talked to the people putting it on and they said it was a casual affair, and that nobody in Miami wears suits. Anyway just my 2cents.

Last time I went, I saw only one guy without a suit.
If you have more than 70-80 multi, I would go there since Colgan has been hiring people with less than 100 Multi. Pinnacle will be there an they might take a look at you.

Good luck and see you saturday. :)

I guess I will dust off my suit and go meet my friend saviboy at that career fair...

If you are really considering getting a chance there, wear a suit, always...
I have been twice at this job fair (once when I had 500hrs...nothing!, once @ 900 hrs...nothing except colgan but I wasn't interested, now with 1400, we'll see... Maybe Cathay would like to meet me, who knows ;)
If you are considering Colgan, go with some ideas about why you want the job, know a bit about the company, they will ask you that kind of questions. All the other carriers are asking much more hours than what you have now.

bptham said:
Question for some of you seasoned veterans. I am seriously considering scrounging up enough money to head to this career fair in Miami. Has anybody been to any of these types of job fairs by aeroservice before? Is it worth it? Seems like last summer I had a buddy of mine go to something similar although I don't think it was aeroservice that was putting on the event. It was a complete waste of his time. It was a sales pitch by one of the "airline transition programs" for only like 30k and your first born(insert sarcasm here). I would hate to shell out the money for a plane ticket just to come away from this thing feeling like nothing had been accomplished. Guess I'm trying to exhaust every way possible to talk to someone at the airlines. Thanks in advance for the help...

Have you ever heard of corrosion corner??? Freight dogs and supplemental ops is what Aeroservice off of 36th street is all about. They due training for these types of companies including many of the south and central american airlines. You could get a job as a plumber on the 8, 72 or 10 via the job fare. Upgrade to F/O could be quick or many years depending on the operation. But be careful, you must know what you are getting into, it's a whole different ball game then the standard airline.

If your single and have no obligations, it can be the best time of your life! The experience at a non-sched is incredible, but it's a whole different world over any regional.

I've flown in that world and I learned more from it then you could possibly imagine. It makes a regional look like a cake walk. But now with a wife and a couple of kids, I can't go back to that world, the schedule can be harsh.

Good luck in what ever you may choose.

Latest resources

Back