ABC special on 9/11 no commercials.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superrav

Path to 9/11 on ABC now..started at 8pm no commercials. started with 93 bombings and the capture of Yousef.

Just FYI, the special is not "based on the 9-11 report" as they claim. Its just over dramatized drivel put together by a conservative think tank.

doug_or said:
Just FYI, the special is not "based on the 9-11 report" as they claim. Its just over dramatized drivel put together by a conservative think tank.

Oh Here we go!!!!:rolleyes:

Let me guess its all a conspiracy and its all our faults, right? :puke:

People forget These terrorists want to KILL ALL AMERICANS unless you convert to islam. If we do nothing to stop them they will Kill more Innocent people.

well..clinton did F up..so thats no conspiracy...Im not going to get into the BS..we f'd up 12 years ago...lets do what we can so it doesn't happen again..

I didnt watch that one, instead I chose a non politicaly oriented special on CBS about Ladder 10. It was very well done and not motivated at anyone accept honoring those effected. I think ABC should be ashamed of themseleves.

I watched it. Three hours of hand held camera work made me a little quezy, but I've always had a sensitive stomach.

The movie itself is accurate in most respects. Certainly the big picture that prior to 9/11 we had a timid, lawyerly oriented approach to terror is correct.

The best comment on the left's reaction to this tv show is on a blog called Dr Sanity:

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the psychological mechanisms involved--DISPLACEMENT and SPLITTING-- both of which allow these idiots (I am allowed to call them that because this is a deliberate, self-imposed psychological state to maintain their denial, delusion, and hatred ) to behave in this clueless and revolting manner with regard to a TV miniseries.

If only some of the wasted and counterproductive energy these morons are expending could be put to some good use in this war! Instead, they comfort themselves with the fantasy that they are "standing up for the truth". Give me a break. These people have been unwilling to face truth for some years now and have been desperately trying to pave a path back to 9/10--or even earlier to the magical, golden years of the perfect Clinton era (i.e., when they were in power).

Althouse clearly notes the presence of psychological displacement even in the title of her piece: "It's too late to decide to attack Bin Laden, so let's attack this TV show."

doug_or said:

HAHAHAHAHA RMFAO!!!

Your right! Its all our faults! We brought this on ourselves....WTF!

You right wingers have the perfect strategy: avoid acknowledging the fact that this mini-series is DELIBERATELY REVISING HISTORY CONTRARY TO THE 9/11 COMMISSION'S REPORT. And most people I've talked to would not be too concerned about that EXCEPT THAT DISNEY CHOSE TO SAY THAT THE MINI-SERIES WAS BASED ON SAID REPORT.

But let's distract the reader from these facts and go back to bashing Clinton. Hey, didn't he lie about cheating on his wife or something? Gosh, I don't know of ANY republican who would ever dare to do such a thing!

doug_or said:

""
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The critics' version contained a note in the opening scenes that the film is "based on the 9/11 commission report." That was omitted from the film aired Sunday. A disclaimer aired three times emphasized it was not a documentary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"For dramatic and narrative purposes the movie contains fictionalized scenes, composite and representative characters and dialogue, as well as time compression," the note that ran before the movie said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The note said the material is "drawn from a variety of sources including the 9/11 commission report and other published materials and from personal interviews." That differs from a note in the critics' version that said the dramatization "is based on the 9/11 commission report and other published sources and personal interviews." ""
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back