328 DU Failure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scouts out!

You will still have the stanby AI which will last for 30 minutes if you loose electrical ei..the DC gens, alts or the TRU. The standby is mechanical not a computer display and is electrically driven. So even if you loose all your DU's you still have your standby instruments to keep straight and level with airspeed alive. Remember if the 328 looses all electrical and your now burning Batteries, our procedure calls for us to pull the white collar circuit breakers with in 5 minutes to insure your 30 minutes standby power and those circuit breakers pulled include all the DU'd the FMS CDU lights and comm #2 as well as ECU left and right and some ice prtection equiptment I believe pitot heat and tat heat. I hope those are right I recalled from memory. Losing all your DU's is not life threatening like some make it sound but is however a pain in my a$% . The 328 kicks A$$ by the way.

The standby AI is operated by an independent source of power, not the main batteries. The reason you pull the circuit breaker collars is to save the drain on the main batteries, which will allow you to operate some other critical items, but not the Standby instruments.

Latest resources

Back