Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sg737

So I need a little advice....

I used to fly GIIIs for a charter/management company... thought I always wanted to be an airline pilot, so now I actually work for a major. The thing is, I really think I'd rather be back in corporate. I wouldn't want to leave what I have now for another 135 job, but is that my best bet to getting back into the corporate world??? What are my chances of actually finding a decent 91 job??

Anyone???

Looks to me SG that you could be pretty marketable with the G types and the Hawker as well. I don't think most flight departments would hold it against you that you want to return to corporate. It's commonly known what is happening to the 121 environment so probably not much explaining to be done as opposed to a guy on furlough who may return "suddenly".

Keep an eye on the well known web sites that advertise corporate jobs, ontact some of the reputable headhunters in the biz, try to get a copy of an NBAA directory, network, send out some feelers, etc.

Gulfstream probably has an operators directory that may list who has what equiptment and all the info to send some resumes.

No problemo-

Hey thanks for the info.... I didn't even know there were headhunters in this biz.... Where could I get info in that direction??

Thanks again

I didn't even know there were headhunters in this biz.... Where could I get info in that direction??

You have pretty much just spelled out what you need to do to get started. You need to get back in to the loop. Do your research and start finding out where you want to be, who operates what, what's going on, etc... Learn what's going on in corporate aviation. Don't show up on a doorstep with only, "I really want to get back in to corporate aviation." The first thing that will be said is, "why then did you leave in the first place ???"

All of the best outfits in the industry want pilots that really only want to be corporate pilots and don't want to have anything to do with someone from whom it seems is only looking to hop over to the greener side. I think that is where a lot of airline pilots get the impression that there is some sort of bias against them. There's no bias against them in general, it's just that the corporate world has been through this cycle before and got burned. Never again...

It's still who you know. Keep networking, making the phone calls, calling CP's.
Good luck. I just passed a recall cause I love my Gulfstream!

Latest resources

Back